• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I want a lightweight scope with turret, side parallax, sub tensions

What’s your definition of light weigh? What zoom range? And what’s your moderate price range? 

when people added up their requirements it generally always hit 3000+ dollar scopes, but from that you can decide on what compromises you are willing to make. Only thing is light weight + good glass + good turrets won’t land under 2000 dollar with the exception of element nexus if it’s enough zoom(20x) and if it is light enough (28oz) at 1500 dollars. Good thing value scopes are getting better fast so there might be something out there that might fit the bill for less. 

Most of the Leupold scopes are quite light compared with others and you can get exactly what you want from them. If you want less expensive the Vector optics Veyron and Discovery VT-3 scopes are compact so lighter weight. Both are 3x12x44 with 30mm tubes. They are both decent for the money around $200 and both Mil/Mil scopes so none of that funky Hawke Mil/MOA stuff going on..

If you are going for an FFP the Veyron has a pretty thin reticle and it can get lost in a dark background at lower magnification. But it does focus down to 7 yards at it's full 12 power so that is not often a problem. It weighs in at 17.6oz and has a nice Mil Hash reticle

The Discovery will just barely focus to ten yards at six power but it has a thicker reticle that is easier to pic up at lower magnification so it is not a problem either. It weighs in at 18.3oz and has a nice Mil Quad reticle

So there is some give and take between the two and I like them both for what they are.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html

https://store.discovery-optics.com/products/discovery-vt-3-3-12x44-ffp

It is a proven fact that heavier rifle is easier to hold steady during offhand shooting!! Many years back my youngest son wascanbup and comming field target shooter, I told him to hone his offhand shooting as there would be more of them in the future. In a very short time he became very good, winning numerous offhand matches. He said he owed it to his 17 lb rifle/ scope combo, he never felt that steady with a lighter weight rifle. I took his advise and added weight to my TX200 and also improved my offhand scores. Try it, you might like it!!

IVE been looking at the 2 scope's you outlined the DISCOVERY and VECTOR i hear they are real nice for the money and the small lighter weight is perfect for BULLPUPS i have also been researching the SWFA ULTRALIGHT ,,CYCLOPS VIDEO'S HAS many videos on every type of scope anybody looking for a ho B<S opinion should check out his videos they are excellent HYNZIE4S

Thanks for all your recommendations and ideas. To be more specific, I am looking for a moderate focal zoom range (approx 3X18). I have an Element helix scope on my FX impact, with other accessories that brings the weight up to about 9 1/2 to 10 lb. That is a little heavy for my age and damaged shoulder. The parallax only has to be approx 30 yards. That almost dictates that an EFR scope is used. So far it appears that Leupold has the best options.

If you go with Hawke, stay away from anything but the Frontier or you will end up frustrated and ripped off cost to quality wise. 

I think 28-30oz scopes are heavy when you add in rings and it’s just kind of accepted in the magnification range you’re looking at. But most scopes of decent quality in the 700-1000 price range and mag range are just more heavy. The exceptions really are the Frontier and the Primary Arms GLx, Zeiss Conquest v4 and the Discovery, or TS12. Vortex, Nightforce, US Optics (20-25) stuff is 28, Element Helix is 26 and Meopta is 30oz. Athlon is 26 also I believe in the BTR. ETR is over 30oz. Very difficult to find a light scope with all the goodies under $800. Even the $1500 stuff is heavy.

You can save 4-5oz getting the right rings also. I have a FX compact 30 with eagle ins rings and a Frontier 22oz. The bottle is the 480 and the moderator is the 1.22 huggett. I am still right at 9.5 pounds loaded with 44.5gr slugs. Still feels heavy in the field. This is as light as I could get it. No extras.