I thought I might finally be getting to the range to shoot

I heard a noise this AM. So got up early contemplating going to the range to shoot. I have four, make that five, guns that need sighted in and tuned and I have not been out for a couple of months. So I drug myself out of bed got dressed and went upstairs. 

It was eerily quiet for a Monday morning. So, I opened the door to look outside and this is the sight that greeted me. It was then I decided maybe not after all.

Looks like the April snow showers are here once again. ;^)

Neighbors car got a shallow dent in the door but otherwise it was unharmed. I was planning on calling the city to take their dead tree down but never got around to it. Figured since I am selling the new owner could take care of that. Bad judgment again. It's usually best to not wait on things like this.

I am so lucky cuz it was leaning towards the house and that is where I expect it to fall. It would have torn up my new gutters pretty good.

I feel for you BHM. I also had a tree in my yard fall recently only it was on my truck. My neighbor who was outside in his back yard having a cigarette heard the cracking sound and went to look and see what it was. I didn't even hear it or know about it until he ended up at my front door. I hope the snow melts so that you can get out to the range to make up for the dissappointment.

Do you live in the west? I live in southern Oregon and woke up to snow like that. We have had beautiful weather, last Thursday it was almost 80* and today snow and freezing. We do need the moisture though so no complaints from me. At least not to much complaining.

Yup in the PNW PDX area. At least for another month then I am escaping the insanity.

I'm in the Yakima valley in WA and yeah heard some loud wind this morning around 4. Thought wasn't supposed to be windy until late morning. Didn't think anything of it. Up at 530. Well then snowing sideways. 75 last week. Snowed/rained all day and wind didn't stop. Miserable spring day on the dairy. Gonna get to low 20s this week. Just got irrigation all setup this last week. Now gotta winterize it all 😐

@Dairyboy that sucks
1f61f.svg
. Now I don’t feel so bad about taking the snow tires off the cars, and to be honest we didn’t get hit as hard down here. I woke up to a few inches of snow. Looks like up there it more like a foot.

You know we got lucky that nothing ended up sticking. It all ended up melting basically as it hit. Temp was 36-37* all day with 15-20mph winds. All around us though we can see snow in the hills. We seem to be the only part of our area where it didn't stick. But precip wise if it did we would have had a good 6"+

Same here in CA, it’s the huge cold front coming through the west coast. Hit 90s for 2 days last week and cold rain and snow in the mountains this week. Not complaining because we need the rain badly but certainly put shooting on hold, there are worse things in life. happy that we will get another storm Thursday and next week, lots more rain please!