• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I think the .20 is the most

I have owned some very accurate .20 guns incl. Sheridans, but I don't think .20 cal is inherently more accurate than .177, or .22, or...

And I don't know if the .20 is dead, but there doesn't seem to be a long list of .20 cal guns being made. If I were to guess, I'd say it's a classic supply and demand situation--If more people bought them, then more manufacturers would make them.

Last edited:
Another .20 thread .. how novel ;) You either have figured it out by now and shoot the caliber however you wish, or simply don't need or want an AG in the caliber :cautious:

Don't think you going to find many folks who shoot the .20 and are not happy they do so.
My 95 in 20 is dead nuts accurate. Love it. One year and still factory parts but there will be a time that it will need serviced but until then I’ll put up with the twang lol

Reactions: .20calguy
I grew up brain washed!
I aquired a Sheridan 5mm when when the only competion was in .177 or .22 weren't being launched by Sheidans. Lol
I was very impressed with the .20's during the Robert Beeman days as well, launching them from an R1, Commemorative Anniversary.

Not much has changed, in the bargain bin guns in my view. I shot two Benjamin's yesterday and managed 7 inch groups at 80 feet out of both of them with two different pellet brands, but the Sheridan made easy work, shooting and reseting my "Rat on a Stick" clearing a row shot shells, and CO2 cartridges, including an asprin bottle off the top of the 45 yard pipe with seven pumps. "Open sights"

View attachment 354017
Beauties

Reactions: .20calguy
PLEASE don't tell my Huntsman it's dead...I would rather say the model is "EXTINT"...but this .20 is alive and well...and ain't goin' anywhere...had it for two years or so used but as new from a great member with a "right of first refusel" agreement. This one happens to be in .20 caliber but my .177 is just as good, but no contest in the wind with the .20...Higher magnification scopes with finer cross hairs would bring out their max accuracy potential...but Good enough is good enough. I did a post on this .20s
20230502_152516.jpg
20221130_113452.jpg
performance a couple days ago, ("Why did they quit makin' these") and this may be redundant but I'm a suckered for a .20 caliber thread. Cleaned the barrel...aired it up...opened a new tin of JSB 13s lubed 'em and shot these two groups back to back...in stiff cross wind...weather or not .20 caliber is better than other calibers?...I just know that my .177 rolled over and exposed it's soft under belly in the same conditions. If someone will post another
20 cal thread I will extol the virtues of my .20 cal Rapid and HW97...have a lot to say about 'em actually!
Huntsman .20 on bottom only good pix I have.
20230502_152528.jpg