I think the .20 is the most

accurate pellet and the most overlooked by newbies......know what, LPs are coming back,I know many will not know what a LP is,lets put it this way.like the .20 you know.
Lack of pellets,you can still get them, and if more people realized how good the .20 shoots more people would buy air guns that use them= thus more pellets for them; Heck they got the molds for them......maybe I shouldn't say this; truth be told when someone says the .20 is dead I think they're full of baloney.o_O

Back in the mid-nineties when I hung out at Mac-1 on Saturday afternoons with some other shooters, there was a huge argument about whether the .20 was suitable for field target. The general consensus was that it wasn't an accurate caliber. (Crosman brown-box Premiers had just become available in 5mm.) I disagreed with the crowd and had Tim order and machine a 5mm L/W barrel to go on a QB77 to prove them wrong. It's the most accurate airgun I've ever owned. It put pellets through the same hole at ten yards with premiers all day long.

J~

Last edited:
I often hear people use the term "accurate caliber" for both powder burners and airguns. It was used at least twice in this thread already. 308 and now 6.5mm are referenced ad nauseam in the PB community as being inherently "accurate calibers". It's complete nonsense.

There are no magic number calibers that can be more or less accurate than any other number. It is just a diameter reference from which projectiles and barrels can then be built. Those projectiles and barrels can then be made to be "accurate" and ballistically efficient but it has nothing to do with the starting diameter being a magic number.

I grew up brain washed!
I aquired a Sheridan 5mm when when the only competion was in .177 or .22 weren't being launched by Sheidans. Lol
I was very impressed with the .20's during the Robert Beeman days as well, launching them from an R1, Commemorative Anniversary.

Not much has changed, in the bargain bin guns in my view. I shot two Benjamin's yesterday and managed 7 inch groups at 80 feet out of both of them with two different pellet brands, but the Sheridan made easy work, shooting and reseting my "Rat on a Stick" clearing a row shot shells, and CO2 cartridges, including an asprin bottle off the top of the 45 yard pipe with seven pumps. "Open sights"

20230504_182447.jpg

Last edited:
Always gonna be the fans that will happily tell you all the really good reasons to buy one.
Always gonna be the detractors that will happily tell you all the reasons not to buy one.
Either way it's all good since from where I'm sitting, all those who aren't fans and would never buy one, just leaves more pellets for me :)

Always gonna be the fans that will happily tell you all the really good reasons to buy one.
Always gonna be the detractors that will happily tell you all the reasons not to buy one.
Either way it's all good since from where I'm sitting, all those who aren't fans and would never buy one, just leaves more pellets for me :)
Thank you Sir..

Reactions: .20calguy