• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

I think I did my part

I dunno. It looks to me like the bar has been set pretty high for Randy. He sure as heck won't be able to blame the rifle!

GsT
There is no better way to learn the wind than by using a relatively flawless gun.

It's fairly pointless to try and learn much about the wind with a mediocre gun...especially at longer distances that greatly magnify the gun error. All that will happen is the person will develop all kinds of false connections between flag positions and poi. It's a losing battle.

If someone already knows how to read wind well...they can get the most out of a mediocre gun. There is nobody out there that's going to get to the top of BR with a mediocre gun. Never gonna happen.

I'm not speaking directly to you Gene. Just in general ...but it relates to your post.

Mike

There is no better way to learn the wind than by using a relatively flawless gun.

It's fairly pointless to try and learn much about the wind with a mediocre gun...especially at longer distances that greatly magnify the gun error. All that will happen is the person will develop all kinds of false connections between flag positions and poi. It's a losing battle.

If someone already knows how to read wind well...they can get the most out of a mediocre gun. There is nobody out there that's going to get to the top of BR with a mediocre gun. Never gonna happen.

I'm not speaking directly to you Gene. Just in general ...but it relates to your post.

Mike
Understood. My post was definitely tongue-in-cheek, but you're absolutely correct. As with learning anything, the better we can isolate what we're trying to learn from confounding factors, the better we can observe the results of our efforts.

GsT

Dear Mike,
Some days I see your posts pop up and say, do I really want to feel horrible about my shooting. Then I wait a day and I can't resist the temptation to see what amazing shooting you did and open your post. Yep, back to feeling horrible about my shooting again 😢

Great shooting, love how you post 25 shot groups, really puts it in perspective...waiting on the next groups......

Dave

Dear Mike,
Some days I see your posts pop up and say, do I really want to feel horrible about my shooting. Then I wait a day and I can't resist the temptation to see what amazing shooting you did and open your post. Yep, back to feeling horrible about my shooting again 😢

Great shooting, love how you post 25 shot groups, really puts it in perspective...waiting on the next groups......

Dave
Nice to say. Thanks, Dave.

Mike, unbelievable shooting nothing else to say. I have a question. On average how much time do you spend working on a barrel to get such impressive results?
Thanks. In total it couple be a couple days by the time it's all done.

These are exceptional groups and won't be repeated at will all the time. There are a million things that you can do wrong. Slug guns require a person to be attentive to every minor detail at all times.

Mike

Did you have the rifle in a vise :unsure: I'd be happy with them results at 5 🎯.
This is a vise.

IMG_8695.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: rrann
I was being facetious I know the difference between a vise and a rifle/pistol rest :). It was my way of trying to be funny but at the sametime giving a compliment on your marksmanship 🎯 Oh well I missed the target 🎯 I'm sure with a rest I couldn't get that grouping. Have a blessed day.
Thanks

If you know the difference you are among a very small minority of people that shoot.

Reactions: piffy and Loufish
Thanks

If you know the difference you are among a very small minority of people that shoot.
Wouldn't matter anyway. Like the Ransom Rest, you can hold the gun perfectly steady, but if you can't read the wind...

GsT

Edit: those are some mighty clean looking Kurts. Are they new, or do they just stay nice looking due to flood coolant?