• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

I think AGN needs this

Disagree.... Some new folks already dont read the rules. How would you enforce that?
Ive logged on to GTA on some Monday mornings, and had screenfuls of posts from new users: "Hi Im new here..." Does AGN need that clutter? :unsure: Also one more thing for the Mods to maintain.

There is already the 10 post/10 days rule. If folks are new, they should just say so in whatever/where they make their first post.

Gotta ask, what's the motivation for suggesting this? (just curious, you may have a great reason that I'm not aware of....)

Side note: before responding to this, I went in search of the AGN rules..... took a minute. Maybe "The Rules" should be posted more prominently, so they can be seen/read more easily.

Reactions: Firewalker
Disagree.... Some new folks already dont read the rules. How would you enforce that?
Ive logged on to GTA on some Monday mornings, and had screenfuls of posts from new users: "Hi Im new here..." Does AGN need that clutter? :unsure: Also one more thing for the Mods to maintain.

There is already the 10 post/10 days rule. If folks are new, they should just say so in whatever/where they make their first post.

Gotta ask, what's the motivation for suggesting this? (just curious, you may have a great reason that I'm not aware of....)

Side note: before responding to this, I went in search of the AGN rules..... took a minute. Maybe "The Rules" should be posted more prominently, so they can be seen/read more easily.

Thats what I see as the most beneficial overall.

lately i have posting in my welcome greeting to please read all the rules , and if they mention buy or sell i come straight out and tell them that rule .

I've been a member hare fir several years. And I think this forum should have a thread exclusively for new members. It would be a required for each new member to post in New member Introduction post.

What do you think?
I like this idea as to make it easy to find the new members.....Granted, some won't use it either but, it sure feels nice give a welcome to those that do.

I like this idea as to make it easy to find the new members.....Granted, some won't use it either but, it sure feels nice give a welcome to those that do.
It also gives them a chance to tell us about their airguns, interests etc... being in a separate thread you can click on it or not. Their post could got to the first ten rule.

As a new member myself, I felt a little guilty posting a hello topic in the general forums. Saw others did it, so followed, but it still didn't feel right.

But on the flip side, I'm getting up there in age and quite familiar with forums in general.... Kids these days are likely more used to the Reddit layout where they dont even have sections, so either way. I'm really not seeing many "hello" posts to make it feel like its intruding on General much.

Reactions: WoodWelder