• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX I spray painted my brand new Panthera Hunter Compact (video inside)

Yeah! Enjoy it. How tough would it be to restore it to original if you decide down the road?
If you clear coat it first it's easy to remove the spray paint with brake cleaner. The clear coat keeps other colors from getting into the anodizing or tight spots so the only thing left would be clear at worst. Anything that came painted or plastic may not fair as well in the removal.

If you clear coat it first it's easy to remove the spray paint with brake cleaner. The clear coat keeps other colors from getting into the anodizing or tight spots so the only thing left would be clear at worst. Anything that came painted or plastic may not fair as well in the removal.
I wouldn't wanna use harsh solvents around an airgun for fear that even a drop might somehow get in the airgun and combust. Paint cannot get into the anodizing, since anodizing is literally a dyed oxide layer over the aluminum and it's super hard with sealed up pores as part of the anodizing process. If you absolutely need to remove spray paint you can use CitriStrip, which is a citrus based cleaner that works well for removing spray paint and will not damage ano like harsh chemicals might.

Anyway - 'Round here we do not remove spray paint, we simply just re-spray paint over it when it comes time. :cool:

I wouldn't wanna use harsh solvents around an airgun for fear that even a drop might somehow get in the airgun and combust. Paint cannot get into the anodizing, since anodizing is literally a dyed oxide layer over the aluminum and it's super hard with sealed up pores as part of the anodizing process. If you absolutely need to remove spray paint you can use CitriStrip, which is a citrus based cleaner that works well for removing spray paint and will not damage ano like harsh chemicals might.

Anyway - 'Round here we do not remove spray paint, we simply just re-spray paint over it when it comes time. :cool:
There's no chance of solvent entering the pcp and combusting, even if it were possible the solvent I mentioned evaporates in seconds. O-rings are easy to replace, not all paint is the same and not all anodizing is perfect. I'm just stating what works and have been modifying expensive toys since the early 70s. Thanks for sharing your results.