• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex I sipped the Notos Kool-aid

i’m not joining the bandwagon. i had presale tickets to the drop-block and bottle show.. lol. elemental cheers!View attachment 430869
How come? Curious because I go back and forth on whether or not to do it.
So far all I've done to mine was add the gauge block from Airgunarcheryfun. As soon as squirrel/rabbit season ends I'm going to open the transfer and barrel ports.
I have been considering the drop block bottle route since I got my bottled BRK.
I'm in love with not filling my gun all the time and think it would be nice if the Notos was the same.
But I also love it's stock slim feel.
Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: daddypaddy
Ijust swapped back to tube with my long barrel reg set 125b bout 770 with crosman 14.3.

DSC00480.JPG

Reactions: Airgun Al
I couldn't resist. Bought a used Notos here off AGN and one thing led to another. Just finished up a bottle mod today with a Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block and 220cc bottle. Also added some camo bling. Shooting pretty good. Thanks all for the inspiration and direction for customizing this awesome platform.

View attachment 399189

View attachment 399190
What skins you have used?

How come? Curious because I go back and forth on whether or not to do it.
So far all I've done to mine was add the gauge block from Airgunarcheryfun. As soon as squirrel/rabbit season ends I'm going to open the transfer and barrel ports.
I have been considering the drop block bottle route since I got my bottled BRK.
I'm in love with not filling my gun all the time and think it would be nice if the Notos was the same.
But I also love it's stock slim feel.
Decisions,
i also like the stock slim feel but at the end of it all, i just want more shots between fills. opening the ports is well worth it for the amount of power gained. i can’t remember the exact diameter i expanded mine to but my notos is shooting 26.39 fpe with 18.1 pellets. 24shots with the stock tube tank.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Great looking carbines, all! This thread, plus this one https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/umarex-notos-has-arrived.1281703/ (warning: 45 page thread), convinced me to give this carbine a try as a light weight plinking/pesting rig. Thank you to everyone for sharing on both posts...the information is very helpful and valuable (to me, at least) for owning and modding what looks to be a deal of an airgun.

Hi NB1,
Barrel needs to come off first. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the Notos receiver block with original tube removed, but yes, there is a M16 threaded male nipple fitting on the receiver that the drop block threads onto. The picture in an above post shows the silver face on dropblock that mates to the receiver. This had been painted but to get the dropblock to rotate and align properly to the receiver block, I had to remove a couple mils from the drop block face. I did that on a flat block with 220g then 400g psa sandpaper. I had such a small amount to remove, it wasn't worth chucking it in the mill. It just depends how the fit is between the dropblock and receiver housing how much material needs to be removed from the dropblock. The Notos itself is not modified and you can revert back to the tube easily. I chose a 220cc 54mm diameter bottle, but the Huben dropblock would likely work fine with a larger capacity 62-64mm diameter bottle. 220cc at 300bar = ~100 19fpe shots. That was my goal.
View attachment 402616
Does anyone have a solution for a huben drop block that clocks at 90° past where it's supposed to?

Reactions: Firewalker
Well, with the help of C88machining parts and @Firewalker cutting and crowning an FX barrel for me, here we are.
The parts list : plenum and extension, gauge block, and a 385mm barrel kit using a cut down 500mm FX slug liner.
I still have the reg set at the stock setting of 1900.
I've been meaning to report on how it's doing. I've got some numbers for those interested in bolt on performance.
IIRC CPHP 14.3gr were going 745-765fps before any mods

Here are feet per second and foot pounds of energy numbers with just the gauge block installed.

CPHP 14.3gr @ 825fps 21.6FPE
H&N Slug HP 21gr .218 @ 675fps 21.3FPE
FX Hybrid 22gr @ 637fps 19.8FPE

And the numbers with all mods installed.

CPHP 14.3 gr @ 875fps 24.3FPE
H&N Slug HP 21gr .218 @ 730fps 24.8FPE
FX Hybrid 22gr @ 685fps 22.9FPE
NSA 17.5gr .217 @ 745fps 21.6FPE **
NSA 17.5gr .2175 @ 745fps 21.6FPE **

** I didn't have the NSA slugs for the first test.

So it looks like the speeds are close to where I want to be, if accuracy is as good as it seems, I'll leave it alone.
Speaking of accurate, I can tell you what wasn't. The H&N HP slugs and FX hyrbid slugs - I think both are too big as evidenced by the tiny bit of extra force needed to load them and the jump in speed of the NSA's not that much lighter but smaller .217 & .2175 slugs.
I need to drag out some paper targets and put down some groups and see what's really going on.
What I do know so far is both NSA slugs are consistently hitting my 1" spinner @ 30yds and the H&N slugs and FX Hybrid slugs are not.

I'm still getting around four mags before it falls off the reg.
Just got a 3D printer so a new moderator will be a priority. Mine are for a .25cal.

I'm digging it as it is right now. The length and weight are still very manageable. It seems accurate with CPHP and the NSA slugs. It's been flipping my spinners a bit harder than before too.

What i gained...doesn't look like much. The power numbers have gone up a few ft/lbs. Speed has gone up by around 50fps.

I haven't tuned it in any way. That's next.
Reg and spring changes and maybe it gets even better.
We'll see.
Either way the squirrels won't like it.

3D867061-DEB4-412D-BDFC-D8DBCEA75518_1_105_c.jpeg