Umarex I sipped the Notos Kool-aid

I couldn't resist. Bought a used Notos here off AGN and one thing led to another. Just finished up a bottle mod today with a Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block and 220cc bottle. Also added some camo bling. Shooting pretty good. Thanks all for the inspiration and direction for customizing this awesome platform.

20231022_175935.jpg

20231022_180000.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't resist. Bought a used Notos here off AGN and one thing led to another. Just finished up a bottle mod today with a Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block and 220cc bottle. Also added some camo bling. Shooting pretty good. Thanks all for the inspiration and direction for customizing this awesome platform.

View attachment 399189

View attachment 399190
Where did you purchase your (Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block) from?

Where did you purchase your (Huben Cricket regulated pic railed drop block) from?
I found the dropblock and bottle on Aliexpress. I had no idea it was Huben branded until I got it.
It checked all the boxes for my needs. Dropblock, on-board regulator, dual gauges, and pic rail for bipod mounting. It came packed well and was pressurized when I got it. I'm pleased with it. The reg doesn't creep and is easy to adjust. Here's a few more pics of the reg. I didn't have to re-tap anything. The clocking was off by only ~5deg so I sanded the mating face with 400g on a flat block which only took 10min or so and was able to get a nice fit. The drop block & bottle added right at 1lb to the rifle. The weight balance is nice and it feels less top heavy now. Shot consistency is good as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot the entire bottle yet, but here's a 24 shot string with JSB 18.1gr.

20231021_123827.jpg

20231021_124413.jpg

20231021_125937.jpg

Screenshot_20231024-100203_ShotView.jpg

Thanks for the response! I've purchased a Noto and I have a 300cc bottle that I'm not using a the time. But think it's going to make the rig too heavy. I'm curious to know how many shots your getting.
Hi Tonio,
I was able to shoot a full bottles worth of JSB 18.1gr this evening in one sitting. I started with ~300bar in the 220cc bottle and shot a 20-bull target with 5 shots per. I had 1 double feed and 3 dry fires due to the mag, but still got right at 100 shots on the reg. Reg was at 2200psi. Stats are really decent especially for a new reg. I averaged 688FPS, spread of 12.9, SD of 2.7, and 19 FPE over the 100 shots. I shot at a hurried pace cause it was getting dark but turned out many sub-dime groups at 20yds. Next up will be a repeat with CPHP 14.3 and H&N 21.1.

TS - Notos with 220cc bottle.jpg

TS - Notos with 220cc bottle target.jpg

View attachment 399189

View attachment 399190
May I ask for a link to the camo and bottle? Also, can you explain a bit more what you did to the block when you sanded it down? TIA

Reactions: Airgunz
May I ask for a link to the camo and bottle? Also, can you explain a bit more what you did to the block when you sanded it down? TIA
I sewed up the camo covers on my HD Singer. The material is neosupreme fabric from a seat cover repair project for my F150.
1698370997771.png

The 220cc bottle was from Aliexpress. Here's the link... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804918145891.html.
On the block, I sanded off a couple mils from the face that meets the rifle so that the block would thread on and be aligned properly. I got lucky and it was only off less than 10deg so I didn't end up needing to use the mill to take off more material. YMMV here.
1698370652696.png

I sewed up the camo covers on my HD Singer. The material is neosupreme fabric from a seat cover repair project for my F150.
View attachment 400316
The 220cc bottle was from Aliexpress. Here's the link... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804918145891.html.
On the block, I sanded off a couple mils from the face that meets the rifle so that the block would thread on and be aligned properly. I got lucky and it was only off less than 10deg so I didn't end up needing to use the mill to take off more material. YMMV here.
View attachment 400313
Thank you sir and nice stitching technique :)

Hi Tonio,
I was able to shoot a full bottles worth of JSB 18.1gr this evening in one sitting. I started with ~300bar in the 220cc bottle and shot a 20-bull target with 5 shots per. I had 1 double feed and 3 dry fires due to the mag, but still got right at 100 shots on the reg. Reg was at 2200psi. Stats are really decent especially for a new reg. I averaged 688FPS, spread of 12.9, SD of 2.7, and 19 FPE over the 100 shots. I shot at a hurried pace cause it was getting dark but turned out many sub-dime groups at 20yds. Next up will be a repeat with CPHP 14.3 and H&N 21.1.

View attachment 400303

View attachment 400304
Thanks, for the time and pellets 😁. That's some good results, I know your going to enjoy that setup 👍🏿

Something else to consider is customizing the bipod so it can stay on while you fill the bottle. Used a 13/16" mill bit and cut a concave pocket for the foster fitting. This was on the UTG 360 Recon bipod. Nice bipod BTW. Got it from Amazon.
UTG Recon 360 TL Bipod, 5.5"-7.0" Center Height, Picatinny,Black https://a.co/d/2P6UAGs
1699023040630.png

1699023084939.png

1699023117492.png

I ordered 2 more Notos with the PA 20% sale for gifts - son and brother!
Probably be doing bottle mods on these too after Christmas.

I found the dropblock and bottle on Aliexpress. I had no idea it was Huben branded until I got it.
It checked all the boxes for my needs. Dropblock, on-board regulator, dual gauges, and pic rail for bipod mounting. It came packed well and was pressurized when I got it. I'm pleased with it. The reg doesn't creep and is easy to adjust. Here's a few more pics of the reg. I didn't have to re-tap anything. The clocking was off by only ~5deg so I sanded the mating face with 400g on a flat block which only took 10min or so and was able to get a nice fit. The drop block & bottle added right at 1lb to the rifle. The weight balance is nice and it feels less top heavy now. Shot consistency is good as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot the entire bottle yet, but here's a 24 shot string with JSB 18.1gr.

View attachment 399548

View attachment 399549

View attachment 399550

View attachment 399552

Can you explain what you had to do to fit the drop block on the Notos?

Did you have to take off some material from the side which faces the Notos receiver?
Is the drop block attached to the receiver with a screw?

Can you explain what you had to do to fit the drop block on the Notos?

Did you have to take off some material from the side which faces the Notos receiver?
Is the drop block attached to the receiver with a screw?
Hi NB1,
Barrel needs to come off first. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the Notos receiver block with original tube removed, but yes, there is a M16 threaded male nipple fitting on the receiver that the drop block threads onto. The picture in an above post shows the silver face on dropblock that mates to the receiver. This had been painted but to get the dropblock to rotate and align properly to the receiver block, I had to remove a couple mils from the drop block face. I did that on a flat block with 220g then 400g psa sandpaper. I had such a small amount to remove, it wasn't worth chucking it in the mill. It just depends how the fit is between the dropblock and receiver housing how much material needs to be removed from the dropblock. The Notos itself is not modified and you can revert back to the tube easily. I chose a 220cc 54mm diameter bottle, but the Huben dropblock would likely work fine with a larger capacity 62-64mm diameter bottle. 220cc at 300bar = ~100 19fpe shots. That was my goal.
1699026860901.png