• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex I sipped the Notos Kool-aid

Hi NB1,
Barrel needs to come off first. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the Notos receiver block with original tube removed, but yes, there is a M16 threaded male nipple fitting on the receiver that the drop block threads onto. The picture in an above post shows the silver face on dropblock that mates to the receiver. This had been painted but to get the dropblock to rotate and align properly to the receiver block, I had to remove a couple mils from the drop block face. I did that on a flat block with 220g then 400g psa sandpaper. I had such a small amount to remove, it wasn't worth chucking it in the mill. It just depends how the fit is between the dropblock and receiver housing how much material needs to be removed from the dropblock. The Notos itself is not modified and you can revert back to the tube easily. I chose a 220cc 54mm diameter bottle, but the Huben dropblock would likely work fine with a larger capacity 62-64mm diameter bottle. 220cc at 300bar = ~100 19fpe shots. That was my goal.
View attachment 402616
Very nice mod my friend. I bet it shoots like a dream! Happy shooting.

New user here... Just joined up.

Glad to see the Notos is liked. I just ordered one, but am waiting for backorders to be filled now. Been shooting a Gamo whisper for squirrel control but it's too loud for my residential neighborhood, so I'm hoping PCP solves that issue.
You are really going to enjoy shooting this little wonder. The accuracy is amazing! Happy shooting.

I am considering adding a bottle too.

But I calculated that the drop block plus an aluminum bottle (250 cc - 350 cc) will add about 2.5-3 pounds.
The weight of the original air tank is probably less than 1 pound.

So adding a bottle would add 1.5-2 pounds to the weight of the Notos.

How much weight did your bottle conversions add?

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker

But I calculated that the drop block plus an aluminum bottle (250 cc - 350 cc) will add about 2.5-3 pounds.

I added right at a pound to the rifle with the "Huben" zblock and 220cc CF bottle. Well worth it to get ~100 shots. Brought the cg down too that balances out your optics.
1699984000123.png

Reactions: FuegoMarty

Holy Cross-Post! 🤭

I posted my response on the "cautions" page.

Reactions: nobody1
Nobody1

I’d love to see a pic of your Notos !
I have 2 Notos and they are both almost stock.
They both have the silencer insert which makes the Notos significantly more quiet.

Other than the insert I only changed the hammer springs to slightly weaker ones.

The weaker springs give me velocities from 460 to 720 FPS with CPHP.
At some point I was getting about 100 shots in the 460-500 FPS range, and 50 shots in the 680-700 FPS range.
Since I am just plinking it works for me.

I added right at a pound to the rifle with the "Huben" zblock and 220cc CF bottle. Well worth it to get ~100 shots. Brought the cg down too that balances out your optics.
View attachment 406241
I am about to buy the same drop block from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805918865165.html
They have a big sale going on now (until November 17), 15-30% off depending on what you buy.

I was also going to buy an aluminum air tank: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805732748728.html
The 0.3L (300cc) air tank is 22.5cm long and 6.1 cm wide.

Do you think the air tank would fit using that drop block?

I am about to buy the same drop block from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805918865165.html
They have a big sale going on now (until November 17), 15-30% off depending on what you buy.

I was also going to buy an aluminum air tank: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805732748728.html
The 0.3L (300cc) air tank is 22.5cm long and 6.1 cm wide.

Do you think the air tank would fit using that drop block?
That bottle will fit on that zblock on the Notos. It's pretty heavy though. Like 9oz more than the CF 220cc one. 21.2 vs 12oz. Gotta make sure what the working pressure is on these aluminum tanks and fill them appropriately.
Make sure to select the right zblock. Don't get the two choices on the right. They don't have the regulator!
1700007940307.png

These are a different brand than what I ordered. Should work though. Includes a degass screw which is sweet. I use the foster fitting as the degasser though. Works fine too. I've been really impressed with the regulation with the "Huben" one. No creep and nicely stable. Better than what's in my Avenge-X. Lol.

That bottle will fit on that zblock on the Notos. It's pretty heavy though. Like 9oz more than the CF 220cc one. 21.2 vs 12oz. Gotta make sure what the working pressure is on these aluminum tanks and fill them appropriately.
Make sure to select the right zblock. Don't get the two choices on the right. They don't have the regulator!
View attachment 406357
These are a different brand than what I ordered. Should work though. Includes a degass screw which is sweet. I use the foster fitting as the degasser though. Works fine too. I've been really impressed with the regulation with the "Huben" one. No creep and nicely stable. Better than what's in my Avenge-X. Lol.
You said that the valve itself is not used
I was thinking to buy the block with the shorter valve, since it's a little cheaper.

• Wow
New to airguns here, so I have a question regarding the trust in the drop valves and tanks bought from sites such as aliexpress. Are these legit valves and carbon fiber tanks that will hold 250 Bar worth of pressure? Just asking because as I stated I am new to the PCP world and having my face so close to these items that if they fail can lead to a very bad outcome.

Am I an old man worrying too much?

Thanks,

Chad

• Wow
You said that the valve itself is not used
I was thinking to buy the block with the shorter valve, since it's a little cheaper.

The valve and the cover are not used.

Don't buy the aluminum tank, get the carbon fiber tank, you will have way too much weight way too far forward and its WAY too big around at 61mm!!.
Trust me! 54mm OD vs 61mm.

New to airguns here, so I have a question regarding the trust in the drop valves and tanks bought from sites such as aliexpress. Are these legit valves and carbon fiber tanks that will hold 250 Bar worth of pressure? Just asking because as I stated I am new to the PCP world and having my face so close to these items that if they fail can lead to a very bad outcome.

Am I an old man worrying too much?

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

Great questions! I have bottles, drop blocks and Z-blocks in stock here, they are all extremely well made and are more robust than the OEM stuff that came with the gun!

I have shipped more than 60 guns with the CF tanks and drop blocks with no issues and no leaks. I am a huge scaredy-cat with HPA and fill my tanks in another room so I get it but I have no issues with holding these guns with 4k of pressure in the CF tank, none.

20231102_210757.jpg

Reactions: nobody1