FX I simply can’t resist new tech! FX DRS

I'm going to resist it for now. I don't shoot my Impact, R5M, Marauder...... Not enough anyway. My pistols and springers seem to get the nod at this point. But I know the new thing will get the nod. The newest and shiniest gat will get the nod. I will resist only so long. Right now the whole kitchen and dining room are getting the full meal refurb job. And I'm camping out in my living room with the microwave, fridge, etc...... B.

Reactions: Michael
I had pre ordered a .25 600 but when Talon Tunes had the .22 700 that already has the SHP plenum, STX Slug Liner and Heavy Impulse Valve I couldn't resist either !
20240329_165242.jpg

Alright first impressions:

• I’m not a fan of dovetail rails. Lucky I had a set of dovetail to picatinny adapters hiding in the bottom of my parts bin. I now see that it’s an “option”. Which is nice for those who want a bare bones airgun. But IMO they should’ve just increased the height of the receiver and milled a picatinny rail right into it.
  • Perhaps I haven't figured out the proper technique yet, but I find winding the magazine a bit challenging.
  • Wish it came with a picatinny rail for a bipod.
  • I assume the lack of included accessories was by design to keep the price point under $1000… Which is quite impressive.
  • The travel of the cocking lever is longer than I’m accustomed to, I guess that’s something I’ll have to get used to.
  • It’s hard to describe how something makes you feel, but the overall design, balance, and aesthetics are extremely pleasing. And FX does the soft touch stocks sooo good.
  • It almost reminds me of a tube gun version of the wildcat. It’s so easy to shoulder and carry around.
  • The simplicity of it (no external adjustments) brings me back to the Royal 400 days.
  • I took a few shots over the chronograph and it’s shooting right between 890 to 900 FPS which is ideal for the 18 grain pellets.
  • If you are a “set it and forget it“ kind of person then this airgun has a lot to offer for a very small price.

Ok you shot it..... now take it apart!

I am curious what the barrel looks like. We know it has the liner system, but what does the sleeve it slides into look like? A thin wall like the panthera? Or thicker?
That’s not my jam. Truth be told, I rather dislike disassembly & repair. I prefer spending my time just shooting them!

I am curious what the barrel looks like. We know it has the liner system, but what does the sleeve it slides into look like? A thin wall like the panthera? Or thicker?
Have you seen Matt Dubber’s video? The barrel appears to be more robust than a liner.

Reactions: woogie_man

I have an angled manometer bracket coming this Friday. So I will have to degas it.
I will take off the air cylinder and share pictures.

Reactions: woogie_man