• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I see this and think….

……Target practice

IMG_0236.png

Not a problem we have over here, there was some " chirping " when i was a kid and that was Crickets i am sure.
Right now if you are a Danish angler, well there are large parts of our near costal waters where it would be a utter waste of time to go fishing, a problem the benevolent leaders was made aware of 20 years ago, and back then a volunteer arrangement was made for farmers to drop low lying farmland, which about 3 or 4 farmers did in the past 20 years.
Nature is having a really hard time in Denmark as we farm so intensive, and in spite of us doing that we are actually really good at it VS many other countries, but its just not enough.
50 % of farmere here really need to find a new job otherwise it is a problem with no solution.

The most pretty Danish cicada is the Graphocephala fennahi, and TBH its almost too pretty to shoot when so much else here are devoid of color.

Rhododendron_cikade2_800.jpg

Ours are generally less than 10 mm long, so not noise makers.

I dont mind the noise, but its always a early sign, that summer is coming to an end.
I need to research these pre-historic looking critters.
I certainly do not understand the 13/17 year cycles.
I get them every year, not just every 13 or 17 years!
Very painful if you get hit in the face, while traveling 50mph on a motorcycle.
I believe they emerge from the ground, but Ive never actually witnessed one exiting the ground.
I believe they are responsible for leaving large, 3/8" or 1/2" holes in my yard, which is probably benificial for aeration of the soil.
Soon after the holes emerge, I see a completely different, unknown large flying insect, skillfully circling the holes, in what seems to be an attempt to hunt down the cicada, as they emerge from the holes.
Very strange, cycle of life.

1710196283526.png

I dont mind the noise, but its always a early sign, that summer is coming to an end.
I need to research these pre-historic looking critters.
I certainly do not understand the 13/17 year cycles.
I get them every year, not just every 13 or 17 years!
Very painful if you get hit in the face, while traveling 50mph on a motorcycle.
I believe they emerge from the ground, but Ive never actually witnessed one exiting the ground.
I believe they are responsible for leaving large, 3/8" or 1/2" holes in my yard, which is probably benificial for aeration of the soil.
Soon after the holes emerge, I see a completely different, unknown large flying insect, skillfully circling the holes, in what seems to be an attempt to hunt down the cicada, as they emerge from the holes.
Very strange, cycle of life.

View attachment 444775
Get born, live in a hole for 13 or 17 years, emerge to be someone's prey or mate & die within 24 hours! God's "funny" sense of humor.