• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

i see these pellet price\'s are getting out hand\" where can i get a GOOD mold?

Well I have my pellets sitting on the counter by the front door.I recycle all my cans.i shot the lid off frist then their full of water one hit in the middle and that all she wrote
DSCF2926.1607296905.JPG
260 days a week.that about it."o"I shoot out the front door.

A damn good China swage mold will run in the $1200.00 price range for each if you are lucky to receive it and not confiscated by either side government then SOL lost $1200.00 with no recourse.

I still await for one since May that's 3 months past due. Usually takes 2-3 months due to manufacturing made to order and not ready to sell until ordered and dimension and weight specs requirements from buyer.

You take your chances and pray. Just be prepared to lose $1200.00 beyond the sellers control. You pay his labor and parts he did his part so it's not on him.

End product one hole groups at 80 yards and easy sub MOA at 100 yards like half inch with JSB type pellets that's superior in accuracy that come out all perfect no need to weigh nor size just shoot straight out of the dies. Your 80 yard group size look like you shot your JSBs that you buy from the tins at 15-20 yards. Not even the old gray label JSBs that were the most accurate JSBs ever produced can come close to the accuracy when you make your own using the China Dies. Buy it only if you can handle the possibility of losing $1200.00 but the rewards if you receive it is unbelievable. No pellets that commercially sold can match them in regards to consistant long distance accuracy or even come close even if you weigh measure roll size lube and pray to Jesus or even rinse in holy water.

I have a friend in Arkansas who is a very experienced machinist, and his shop has done lots of work for Remington Arms, which is not far down the road from Little Rock. If I can get him interested in airguns and away from his firearms fixation (he likes to be paid for his work, and firearms guys of certain persuasions are willing to pay), then he is capable of building pellet swaging equipment. I would not waste my time on molding pellets as properly swaged pellets and slugs are going to be far better. One of my friends best quotes is "Thirty years of experience is better than one year of experience repeated thirty times". His other quote is, "I'm the machinist of last resort. If everyone else has turned you down because they can't do the job, then it's time to come see me". If he decides to make some pellet swagers, they would probably be good.

I would be willing to bet that no cast pellets will equal properly swaged pellets in accuracy.

I am a tool and die maker, my specialty is Cnc machining, programming and some design. Last fall I purchased the .25 700mm mk2 impact with the intention of building slugs dies to swage all of my ammo.. if anyone has any grand ideas, I’d be willing to hear them out and partner up to build a good set of dies.. my original plan was to figure out which nsa slugs shoot the best then just reverse engineer the die set. I’m also looking for a decent press like the Corbin press, I’d be willing to trade a Dillon square deal B for a decent press..

Egovro, I tried some NSA slugs in my BSA Lonestar, and they shot really lousy. A guy over on a Brit forum told me my rifle was actually a .243 bore, and that might explain why the NSA slugs were very tight in my bore and VERY hard to get seated. You might want to compare slugs to pellets in your Impact. Might be better to make pellet dies.

My Lonestar was only made for export, and not available for sale in the UK. Maybe that is why it is supposedly .243 bore. A pellet that I removed from the chamber miked out at .245", which is quite a bit smaller than .250". So definitely not exactly a true "quarterbore". Maybe BSA hammer forged the barrel with a standard .243 mandrel since it was headed for the USA? Anyway, the tight bore shoots very accurately, 3/8" 5-shot groups at 50 yards. Is your Impact bore bigger than .243, or is it a true .250 bore?