• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I received my NIB Sig ASP yesterday, First Impressions

First off again, thanks to a guy named viper dude (actually viper hawk). I cannot believe he lined me up on this brand new rifle. It was in a true value hardware, in a small town in Louisiana.

I’ve been looking for one for quite a while. In desperation, I started doing posts on the forum about a month ago…

The post:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/does-anyone-have-a-sig-asp-they-would-like-to-sell/

I called the store Monday, talked to the gun guy, and bought it. It’s a 177 caliber, with a synthetic stock.
D3710180-A1ED-4062-8F32-4EF201806EE3.1624716950.jpeg

I took it out and shot it last night, I really wanted to find out if it lived up to its reputation. I was not disappointed.

Here are my first groups shooting it at 42 yards first offhand, and then resting on the windowsill, with my hand for a cushion.

First two groups, offhand 42 yards 

02C5AF29-60E2-42B5-99B9-A990358E2904.1624717156.jpeg
96F370F3-C76E-40B5-A6C9-7E812A5EB9E4.1624717156.jpeg

Since it shot so well, I felt I needed it to give it a chance with a little bit of support. Resting my hand on the windowsill, and the rifle on my hand. See groups below.

The top group is 15 shots. At 42 yards. As fast as I could cock it and pull the trigger.

The bottom group is five shots, under an inch.

33C5D969-6A85-42FD-9BDA-26D9E0211890.1624717300.jpeg
612ED4C4-74C9-4D7F-B371-FD0CE649A102.1624717300.jpeg

Stay tuned! We are going to go long. 

mike

LOL! Glenn Roland, I may have some inate ability…However, I bought my first Springer in 1980. An FWB 124 that was my graduation present from high school.

I’m not sure how many tens of thousands of rounds I’ve shot with Springers since then. Including spending entire summer trying to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 yards with a springer.

All that said, I appreciate your comment, and I’m looking forward to going long with you…I’m starting right now. Any calm opportunity I get.

mike

GSA

An old batch of CP heavies. That I bought from a field target shooter back when things were 20 foot pound. He took second in the nation shooting these pellets… in a PCP of course.

mike

I tried A TON of pellets in this gun. It wasn't too pellet fussy, but the ones it hated it spit out like shotgun scatter. Only a few pellets reacted this way, and paper punching flatheads were especially hated by the asp.

You are one of the reasons I was so intent on finding this rifle.

mike

Glad to know I could welcome you to the jungle....it gets worse here day by day...

For whatit's worth, I'm over 15,000 pellets in and have yet to clean the barrel. I keep saying if I see accuracy or FPE suffer, I'll clean it. Also, I never have to tighten screws....I check them but they dont loosen.

Is somewhat rough on scopes..

GSA

An old batch of CP heavies. That I bought from a field target shooter back when things were 20 foot pound. He took second in the nation shooting these pellets… in a PCP of course.

mike

The .177cal Sig likes the heavier pellets. That 10 to 11 gr seems like the sweet spot. Out of curiosity what did you pay for the rifle/ scope combo ?