I really jacked my barrel - please help.

I appreciate the suggestions guys. I did get the barrel unscrewed today but I am really unsure with taking a hack saw to it. I'll see if I can mount it in the mini lathe tomorrow. I have the cheapo HF one so it doesn't really work well with steel, but at least it would give me a solid place to rest a hacksaw blade for a clean cut.

Note - I really don't feel like I should be doing this. I am good at hand soldering micro electronics - but I can't cut a straight piece of wood to save my life.

Anyone up for taking on this barrel? I'll send it to you with a prepaid return shipping label and pay for your time if you'd like.

You're not gonna screw anything up. Even if you chop it off at a slight angle you're going to be able to file it straight anyway. This will give you an immeasurable sense of reward and satisfaction trust me on this. Man up. You've been a bad Yakuza and must chop off your pinky (ON YOUR OWN). Now to heal it. Yo!

Yo - I find you encouraging and scary at the same time......... in a good way. ;)

Mounted it in the mini-lathe this morning and had a go at it. Used a hacksaw to cut off about 1/4" of the end. Then faced it as smooth as I could and did my best with the crowning. You think it came out okay? I'll get it re-installed and try out a few shots today.

1588862291_12929541315eb41d535f8314.90638426.jpeg

Make sure there are no burs on the rifling. Push a pellet thru the barrel and see if it hangs up at the very end. The head of a brass screw and some semichrome polish (or other fine compound) make a good lap to remove burrs. Lap until pellet pushes thru without hanging up on the muzzle. One little burr and you're screwed.

I would stay away from the drill bit and hand filing.

If you have a lathe and some basic tooling DONT go running drill bits and brass screws at the barrel. You can do a great job on it in the lathe in no time. You just have to set it up right. You can call me and I'll try and help, or you can mail it to me and I'll take a look at it and crown it. 

I'm not familiar with the Evanix pistols, but if it's shooting that bad something is way off somewhere. I'll bet you got a bigger problem, maybe knocked the breech around or messed up a breech seal or something. 

Maybe it's the quality of the pic, but this doesn't look right to me. Rifling looks damaged.

1589022639_7782876525eb68faf88ec97.90970220.jpg

You're probably right, this has been a bit of a disaster for me. I don't even wan't to show you what the crown looks like right now, but I have a feeling I did more damage to the barrel than just the crown. 

I've never worked with steel as soft as this barrel is. I've never been able to work stainless steel on my HF lathe and my bits are cutting through this barrel like butter. Even the brass screw was able to just mush the metal around. I have a feeling that I may have actually compressed the barrel (ie: made it shorter) in such a way that it may be too big or scrunched. Pushing a pellet through last night met with a lot of sticking along the way. Right now it's stuck at the mess of a crown on the barrel. Oye!

I officially give up with this barrel. I'm going to reach back out to Will and try to get a LW barrel installed, or maybe Scott if he's able to source and machine a barrel for me. End of story.