• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I put a bulge on my FX Impact barrel

First time I had a couple of pellets stuck on my FX smoth twist .25 barrel liner they came out easily with a brass dowell...it hapenned again and in trying I put a bulge on the liner and they did not come out , fortunately I have a complete .22 barrel kit and I can keep shooting the rifle . I was searching the net to purchase just the liner but did non find it.

This new trend the slug liners will shoot accurately my regular JSB .25 33 grain pellets ?

that is my secon screw up ..first time I managed to push them out with the brass barrel ...this time , as the privious , I put the liner on a vise with some plastic protection , and after trying VERY hard to pussh them out , no way, thenI inspected the outside of the barrel and there was a barely visible bump where the pellets are and ...the pellets are still there.

A gentleman kindly tol me below tha I could you the new Impact slug barrels with great accuracy and that probably will happen

thanks for your interest

Always use a rod the size of the barrel if rod is under size it will expand the pellet and jam them in the barrel. When I had my shop I used to get some customers about once a month who got a bullet stuck in the bore and tried to push it out with a cleaning rod that was undersize to the bore and would jam it up good. I had a guy with a Weatherby that had a bullet and a cleaning rod and a wooden dowel jammed in the barrel. I had to remove the barrel and drill and tap the base of the bullet to pull it out. He was lucky didn't damage the bore. I charged him $250.00 But that was a lot cheaper than a new barrel.

You could take a cleaning rod and a brass oversize patch pusher that has been turned down to bore size and remove point and push it out. Also be sure you don't clamp barrel in vise this can tighten the bore and also stop the pellet from being pushed out. 

I use a 3/16" wood dowel with slightly less taper on the end than the pellet skirt to push a single pellet out the muzzle end....it can be tight! never had to do two pellets at once and can easily see how the combined resistance could require enough force to distort and jam the pellet in the liner.....The liner is thin and relatively soft; it is not tool steel. it could easily distort "bulge" the liner. I would never try pushing two jammed pellets back towards the breach, that could expand the pellets without much force, causing them to jam. 

Fabio, I think a new liner, by itself, is only about 100 $ US.