Tuning I present the Bull-Rod

This is a project I have been working on for a couple of years now on and off. I recently made some major progress and would like to share it with you.

Edit: Better pictures will follow later.

PB130041.1605294062.JPG

PB130042.1605294072.JPG

This is a Benjamin Bulldog mounted in a Syn-Rod Stock. It is attached to the stock with 2 bolts front and rear of the breech via a simple mounting assembly I designed and manufactured for it.

The trigger is simple and effective (but has a heavy break) consisting of only 4 parts (Trigger rod and pin, yoke and travel adjustment). There is no safety at this point but the gun is easily decocked.The gauge and fill ports were swapped for better ergonomics. 

Current weight is 7.5 lbs.

The valve is a Gen 1 SS Valve from JSAR (now discontinued) that I redesigned to a Gen 2 Style plus it now has a custom PEEK poppet as well.

There are refinements to make in several areas but the gun is shootable as shown.

Pic Rail is not yet secured to the breech with two 10-32 screws (sighting down the barrel I can hit a 12 X 12" target at 60 yards with Nielsen 95 grain HP bullets).

Edit: I have decided that the front rail piece is not needed (it would block the barrel screws anyway). A Bugbuster is now mounted to the back rail.

I plan to sleeve the barrel with CF Tubing and thread the muzzle to allow tensioning the barrel as well as adding a moderator to it.