I Posted This Yong Heng Problem Before, But...

Back to my Yong Heng cycling on and off - Does the Yong Heng compressor motor have an internal thermal cut off? I'm not referring to cylinder head temperature, but to motor overheating. My older Yong Heng has started cutting off after a few minutes then restarting by itself, then repeating this on/off/on cycle every couple of minutes. Cylinder head temperature is never over 52-55 degrees centigrade. All wiring connections are good and the relay has been replaced twice.

Reactions: SoulSniper
Back to my Yong Heng cycling on and off - Does the Yong Heng compressor motor have an internal thermal cut off? I'm not referring to cylinder head temperature, but to motor overheating. My older Yong Heng has started cutting off after a few minutes then restarting by itself, then repeating this on/off/on cycle every couple of minutes. Cylinder head temperature is never over 52-55 degrees centigrade. All wiring connections are good and the relay has been replaced twice.
Yup, they're using motors with winding having thermal cutoff... You might want to open the casing, it's usually placed on the rear end. Could be the issue arising from the carbon deposits on contact points if it isn't the solid state one (not likely the latter, as it'll simply fail if it's a Solid state one).

The whole thing was fake, I didn't know it until I took on the second stage apart and found that it was missing one of the high pressure rings. When I received my new compressor, the fan and on the motor was very different and much more efficient.

The first one did not say Yan Heng, the second one did and has a metal tag with all relevant information written on it as well as the auto off function.

Reactions: F-classmike
The whole thing was fake, I didn't know it until I took on the second stage apart and found that it was missing one of the high pressure rings. When I received my new compressor, the fan and on the motor was very different and much more efficient.

The first one did not say Yan Heng, the second one did and has a metal tag with all relevant information written on it as well as the auto off function.
Gotcha - thanks!

Not sure if it's too late for this thread.. I could use some input please..my unit is not stickered as YH but has the YH build tag with same model number as the official product. Base model no auto features

Hello
See videos and pictures..

New unit first fill.. Works great.. filled 45cf Carbon Fiber tank from zero empty
to 4500psi in 4 segments.. 1st 10 minutes.. 2nd and 3rd 15 minutes... and 4th 8 minutes. Max head temp was 130F
Pretty dang dandy I think..

All screws.. Bolts.. and Fittings checked and tightened before beginning operation..

Rechecked after unit heated and checked again.. Crankcase front bolts were found loose and tightened..

Started unit with no pressure and ran to break in for 6 minutes..
Crankcase hydraulic oil type is Milton.. Professional AWE 30 ISO 100 Full Synthetic
High Heat

PROBLEM.. Air bubbles under crankcase.. Can't find the source..

Head temperature 123.2° Fahrenheit or 50.667° Celsius

Water temperature 67.2° Fahrenheit or 19.556° Celsius

Ambient temperature 71.7° Fahrenheit or 22.025° Celsius

SEE YOUTUBE Video from link above.. along with this one.

Any thoughts would be great. I am still in my 30 day window from ebay FYI..
I left word for seller.. who has been great with a couple other issues also. Waiting to heard back.

Be Well All

oops here are the other links

20221105_103859.jpg

20221105_103908.jpg

Last edited:
Ok start over. The concrete floor is a puddle of water and who knows what too. Clean everything up and put the unit on a Clean Dry floor or better yet place on (2) 2x4's so it's off the DRY ground. Video bubbles are coming up through the cardboard or padding that is sitting in a water/solution soaked environment.
thank you.. that was my first thought when the bubbles were tiny.. the return hose came out of the bucket a couple times until I pinned it down..

I love that it is so simple.. that was the maiden voyage ... thank you
i think the fan blowing is making the water look more plentiful then it actually was..
Be Well All

Last edited:
thank you.. that was my first thought when the bubbles were tiny.. the return hose came out of the bucket a couple times until I pinned it down..

I love that it is so simple.. that was the maiden voyage ... thank you
i think the fan blowing is making the water look more plentiful then it actually was..
Be Well All
Very cool....👍

Update.. After getting all of the air leaks that I didnt hear or notice from the first run.. and probably that the rings are seating in a bit.. My 2nd experience with this unit was much better..

I have settled in on 15 minute run time or 133F max= 56 C. sessions.. I filled from zero empty 45 cubic foot tanks in 3 sessions to 4000psi. Water temp as high as 66F and outside temp up to 78F. Cool down periods were about 10 minutes.

I filled 2 tanks in one session ( changed ice and filters between each) Florida humidity .. I was impressed. My extra cooling came from an old ryobi 18v fan blowing directly on the head area..

Considering I was paying 8 bucks ( and 7 bucks gas) and 1 hour plus time to fill my legal tank.. And can now fill 3 tanks for the cost of filters and electricity and servicing .. This little guy should pay for itself in the not to distant future..

Thanks for the help ..

Be Well All