• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I Phone Issue when using side shot

So it displays fine if set to photo? That’s odd.

My suggestion would be to try a phone app that gives you more control. For example, I have used Yamera to take night scopecam video that the standard camera app would not pick up at all.

I haven't tried to take photo's with the I phone. It seems to have something to do with the auto focus. It's hard for me to tell you. It's like the side shot being close to the camera lens has it confused. Make sense?

With it off the gun, try the tap and hold focus lock on something 3-4 inches away, then place it onto the rifle and see if you get a picture. That would at least help pin it down to a focusing issue.

I’d suggest doing the focus lock in modest indoor lighting so the exposure will lock in a range that is suitable to have enough light for when you put it on the gun.

Otherwise my guess is it is simply misaligned slightly and it’s not seeing through the scope, seeing only darkness.

I down loaded the phone skope app and it did solve the problem with the lens. However that particular app presents another problem for me. I can't lock down any of the various settings and if I touch the screen and the camera goes from camera to selfie mode it drops out all of my presets. Focus, zoom anything I've set up. As a result it's not being very user friendly for me. I went back and got one of my older I phones and set it up and using the regular phone app from apple I'm doing better. This stuff is more difficult then it should be. I will admit once you figure it out and if you have a couple hints as to what to do it's not so difficult. Two things I've figured is don't run the rifle scope up to it's max power. And use a simple camera phone.