• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I own 3 air guns A Diana CO2 pistol, Diana CO2 carbine type rifle, and a Gamo

What a want next is a PCP air rifle. The Gamo one I purchased was defective so I returned it. My Gamo break barrel is great. I've probably shot 5000 22 cal pellets through it without a single issue. I would like to buy another Gamo PCP, but I'm not liking the hand air pump. Does anybody know if purchasing a scuba tank would work because the high pci air pumps are not cheap. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I just made the move to PCP and my solution was a Marauder .22 cal for $405 directly from Crosman with the 25 percent AGNATION discount and free shipping on Fridays. I saddled it with a UTG Hunter 3X9 with a non illuminated reticle from Optice Planet for $58 on sale and feed it with a Genuine Yong Heng I got on Ebay for $238. It pumps the M-Rod from 2000 to 3000 psi in 30 seconds. For about $700 I have a super accurate and mouse fart quiet air rifle which I fill with the flip of a switch. If you decide to get a Yong Heng on Ebay send a private message to the seller and ask him to guarantee it is genuine. I bought mine from a seller called ZB-equipment. 

That’s great advice, Marauders’ are excellent. And if you shoot a lot the Yong Heng makes it a lot better than pumping. Does the Yong Heng have a vent system to get rid of water as it’s working, or a water trap between the compressor and the tank or gun being filled? I’ve heard good things about them. If my compressor fails that’s what I’d get. And you wouldn’t really have to have a tank to fill either since you could just fill the Marauder and shoot. Making air and shooting an accurate air rifle for $700...hard to beat that.

It is recommended to open the bleed valve to vent moisture every 5 min while pumping. I close it last when starting and open it before shutting the compressor off. Only running 30 seconds each time doesn't allow it to produce much moisture in a climate controlled environment. I check the moisture filter but never find any moisture but then again I only use it in a low humidity environment. If I were using it in high humidity I would have a better moisture separator.