• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

I ordered a .25 cal Avenger

Well I have been looking at the Avengers for some time & I went & ordered one. The Boss of my home does not know YET & I will have to deal with that 

once again. But She will get oner it. She won't forget it & I will hear about it for sometime & get me to feeling guilty. But all the reviews I watch talk very high 

about this rifle. The only down side in the plastic stock. Well I like plastic stocks. I was issued a M16 in the Army & loved that rifle. I own many plastic rifles now.

There light water proof & most auto hand guns to day are plastic. I can fill the stock with foam & make it as ridged as anyone would ever want. Plus I saved over 

$100 by not ordering it with a wood stock. For the ones here that have one what pellets do these guns like?

Fly

imo choices are limited in .25 if you want a consistent speed and trajectory .. exact king 25's are a good base to start at .. and with stocks generally, my feeling is for ultimate accuracy a plastic stock doesnt lock the action in place like wood does .. not saying one cant be accurate, just if given a choice its a variable that can be eliminated right off the bat ..

Mine shoots all the JSBs pretty well but seems to like the FX 25.4s best. It is picky. The only slugs I've tried it shoots well are NSA 26.8 (might be not remembering the weight right).

I like my plastic stock Avenger and the design really helps the weight but it is uniquely thin compared to my Savage powder burners and P35 bullpup with plastic stocks. But it's lighter too. Another disadvantage is the front part is a clamshell design and must be removed first before the more conventionally attached buttstock can be removed. I bought mine before the wood stock was offered but I wouldn't have paid another $100 for it. The Avenger plastic stock works. Certainly not fancy but works.

Fly,

I also have the Avenger (and others) in 25 cal and I think you may be as pleased as I am with it. You will find objections from others about the plastic stocks go away once you put a scope on it as the balance is decent and overall is lighter than some others, and unlike so many others is still light enough to be effective in the field. No need to ad anything to the buttstock as it is already filled with a foam block. I thought because of all the talk about the hollow sounding stock that I would ad epoxy foam inside the butt and did so, it made no difference and is just fine as it comes. I did dress it up with a nice seafoam green paint job after sanding off the molding seams, and after leaving the trigger guard black and polishing it the rifle is most pleasing in appearance now. It also shoots sub moa at distance with a little tinkering. Not to get ahead of you but this rifle is understandably loud and after much experimenting mine is now as quiet as the others. You made a good choice.

Tomygun1

I added four layers of Mr. Clean cleaning pad circles cut to fit in the shroud that the bbl goes through and they sit at the breech over a hole I drilled in the bottom of the shroud at that location. I’m experimenting with packing 4ought steel wool in there also. I bought a shroud end thread adapter from Donnyfl and mounted one of several moderators that I already had. Very quiet.

I just received a .22 Avenger. Barrel was absolutely filthy. It cleaned up nicely. I do need to do something about the noise though. It's LOUD. Should have the barrel back on the gun tomorrow after lapping. After shooting Impacts for the past few years, I'm amazed how nicely this gun seems to shoot. I'll start tuning next week. The gun was an excellent choice, I have high hopes. . . .