I now have skin in the compressor game -

I have two Yong Heng compressors, both gifted to me. One from my next door neighbor, and one from forum member Mike in Nashville. The one from my neighbor had been doing just fine until a recent session where I presume I overworked it, filling all my guns and topping off my 45 minute scba & a Airhog buddy. bottle It got up to 4000 psi filling my 45 minute scba tank, but no higher. The very next fill session it wouldn't budge over 2400 psi.
So I ordered parts, (from Amazon, coming from China) and turned to the unit Mike in Nashville gifted me. He told me up front that he had accidently run it w/o the water pump plugged in, but he did provide a new piston. I installed it even though I didn't have new gaskets. It ran fine for one session, but also wouldn't fill past 4000 psi. The next session it wouldn't build any pressure, so I ordered another gasket set.

In the meantime, I looked on e-bay and found a seller in California with gasket sets (including the second stage piston), so I ordered one. When it arrived, it came with TWO gasket sets and a complete piston! So I installed the new piston & gaskets set on the unit given to me by the neighbor. The piston fit very tight, and now it's locked up and won't pump at all.

So I finally dropped some coin on a new Yong Heng unit from Amazon, the one w/o the auto cut-off feature, and a 1.8 kilo watt motor. It looks just like the other two, with the exception of the oil fill cap - it is not the breather type oil cap, just a basic oil fill cap.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

EDIT: and I still can't spell

Last edited:
I have two Yong Heng compressors, both gifted to me. One from my next door neighbor, and one from forum member Mike in Nashville. The one from my neighbor had been doing just fine until a recent session where I presume I overworked it, filling all my guns and topping off my 45 minute scba & a Airhog buddy. bottle It got up to 4000 psi filling my 45 minute scba tank, but no higher. The very next fill session it wouldn't budge over 2400 psi.
So I ordered parts, (from Amazon, coming from China) and turned to the unit Mike in Nashville gifted me. He told me up front that he had accidently run it w/o the water pump plugged in, but he did provide a new piston. I installed it even though I didn't have new gaskets. It ran fine for one session, but also wouldn't fill past 4000 psi. The next session it wouldn't build any pressure, so I ordered another gasket set.

In the meantime, I looked on e-bay and found a seller in California with gasket sets (including the second stage piston), so I ordered one. When it arrived, it came with TWO gasket sets and a complete piston! So I installed the new piston & gaskets set on the unit given to me by the neighbor. The piston fit very tight, and now it's locked up and won't pump at all.

So I finally dropped some coin on a new Yong Heng unit from Amazon, the one w/o the auto cut-off feature, and a 1.8 kilo watt motor. It looks just like the other two, with the exception of the oil fill cap - it is not the breather type oil cap, just a basic oil fill cap.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

Pull the breather off an old one before running your YH! The case pressure will force oil past the piston rings and destroy your compressor.

Hard to say, I would think they would all have breathers. Never seen one without. These compressors should not be run hot, need very good lube. And should be run in short 10-15 min intervals dependant on temp. I typically do not run mine much past 230bar. Just doesn't sound happy and temps go up rapidly. I've repaired mine a few times but have been using the same one 6yrs filling a 9 litre tank mostly. Seem to have less issues as time goes on and I learn how to run it better.

Check out the the oil cap in the pic - this is the one I ordered -

1712756339654.png

Overheated mine same way, filling several guns in quick succession, never allowing cool-down between. Now, pre-chill room temperature compressor, with ice water, till 18s degree C, then, adding fresh ice bottles, as needed, and exterior fan running, allow YH to cool down to 18s degree C between each gun. Keep water pump and exterior fan running at end of session till all is cool to touch. WM

Reactions: SteveV