I need your expert point

Your dream gun setting in classified now. In your price range at $900.

Screenshot_20230602_053129_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_053254_Samsung Internet.jpg

Beto,
In your shoes, I'd hold off until Air Venturi launches the AvengeX platform, rumored to be this month. Many hesitate with new platforms, but Air Venturi has had success with the Avenger, and this offers upgrades. Fairly certain you'll find an AvengeX version to your liking, add a scope and something to pressurize it with (HPA hand pump,) and still be within your budget. WM

Reactions: Betohunter
in my opinion, this is a good deal,,, HW 110 in laminate 22 cal, in the classifieds

in my opinion, this is a good deal,,, HW 110 in laminate 22 cal, in the classifieds
Is real that the hw magazines have a little trouble to indexing?

Reactions: .20calguy
it is just that the little lever that holds the mag in place has to be 'held' in the open position while pushing out the mag and inserting a fresh one, then it is just a little rotation to align it,,, some folks complain about the Kali crickets and their mag holding lever. It is the two handed thing that bugs some.
I have a HW110 and just purchased a used HW 44 that uses the same magazine system, I AM not the least bit hesitant.
If I had spare money, I would buy it for me, because it has the shorter barrel,, mine has the longgg barrel, then I would have one of each. The longer barrel can develope a little more power.

and that is just my 2 cents worth

EDIT: and now it is gone, and no, I did not get it.

Last edited:
I’d vote for a Taipan as well. Built like a tank, very easy to tune HS, extremely accurate and a trigger that most others only dream of. Inexpensive and easy to load magazines. Versatile from the bench or in the field. Plus it’s a tried and reliable platform that’s been around for many years.

Last edited:
it is just that the little lever that holds the mag in place has to be 'held' in the open position while pushing out the mag and inserting a fresh one, then it is just a little rotation to align it,,, some folks complain about the Kali crickets and their mag holding lever. It is the two handed thing that bugs some.
I have a HW110 and just purchased a used HW 44 that uses the same magazine system, I AM not the least bit hesitant.
If I had spare money, I would buy it for me, because it has the shorter barrel,, mine has the longgg barrel, then I would have one of each. The longer barrel can develope a little more power.

and that is just my 2 cents worth

EDIT: and now it is gone, and no, I did not get it.

I seem to recall my Cricket taking 3 hands to swap the mag. And the squirrels always refused to lend a hand 🤪

The Taipan is for now the first place ….

I saw in the classifieds a taipan standard/ short, is much difference between short or long version?

Yes there is a difference. The compact Vet is 23.5 inch long and weighs 6.5 lbs with a 200cc tube. The standard is 27.5" and holds about 300cc and 7.4 lbs. Just me but I don't like bullpups with long barrels. Barrels around 600mm is about the longest I like and don't care for the extra weight with the long, sniper setup. No disrespect intended, just me.

Last edited:
Google "Taipan Vereran Review Videos" and watch Shooter 1721's test video...all of 'em I ever heard of do that out of the box...Do a search of "Taipan Veteran" threads here on AGN and clear your schedule...take a while to watch 'em all...do your home work than decide...don't just believe a fan boy like me...I'm tellin' 'ya...these things are special...IMHO...Some people "grouse" about the rear cocking but not much else....and I read 'em all
20230417_150850.jpg

Read @Franklink last post. This bears repeating the anti double load feature.