• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I need me a shootin iron!

I been called out to face the guy in black and I ain’t got no six shooter!
I’m needing to be able to reach for my iron, fill my hand and send six shots into the chest before I get drilled like Buster Scruggs lol!
It needs to be a western style single action six shooter that shoots pellets.
Hopefully reasonably accurate, the range is only 7 yards.
I’m betting that Septicdeath will know just what I need!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

05D53EF6-97BB-448C-AC1F-C906D77DE86F.jpeg

Crosman SA6. It's a .22 it's loud. It's a gas hog. You can fan it. Has realistic weight and trigger pull. Fairly accurate for the simple sight it's equipped with.

Every kid in the 1960' wanted one, too emulate their cowboy hero's. A blast to shoot.
Cowboy up partner!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, I’ll post about which shootin iron I get.
Parts for SA6

Reactions: Snake45
Parts for SA6
Hi Septicdeath,

Just sent you a private message about some old Crosman pistols. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

--Snake

Well I ordered the John Wayne colt from PA, now for the wait!
Hi Dave,

Your post the other day sent me down the rabbit-hole of researching CO2 replica single actions. I think I'm going to get one of these myself. It looks like the "John Wayne" version is the only one available that's not "nickel" finished. I prefer the darker tone, but not sure I want to wait until NEXT FREAKIN' APRIL for it. :oops: Might go ahead and order a regular one.

Also, I need to decide if I want to go BBs or .177 pellets. Looks like the pellet gun might be a little more accurate. OTOH, BBs are a lot cheaper. Decisions, decisions....

Reactions: Septicdeath
Hi Dave,

Your post the other day sent me down the rabbit-hole of researching CO2 replica single actions. I think I'm going to get one of these myself. It looks like the "John Wayne" version is the only one available that's not "nickel" finished. I prefer the darker tone, but not sure I want to wait until NEXT FREAKIN' APRIL for it. :oops: Might go ahead and order a regular one.

Also, I need to decide if I want to go BBs or .177 pellets. Looks like the pellet gun might be a little more accurate. OTOH, BBs are a lot cheaper. Decisions, decisions....
I would have picked the dark version over the nickel for sure if it were available.
I just remember how nice it felt to work the single action on my Ruger single six and can’t wait to get to do it again and even shoot from the recliner lol!
I chose the pellet version in hopes that it will be more accurate than the bb version.
I’ll definitely post about it when it comes.

Hi Dave,

Yeah the Colt SA replicas are pretty nice. Not the most accurate (3 inch group at 10yds), but fun to shoot. I would go with the pellet version. Less worry about bb's flying back at you.

Only issue I have is the sights are not very good, and there is no way to adjust them. Mine shots about 6-8 inches high and to the left. Crazy shot count for the little CO2 cartridge fill. I'm getting somewhere around 80 shots. So the biggest issue is reloading all those cartridges. I ended up getting some extras, but still go through them pretty fast. Its just a fun gun to shoot.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Septicdeath
Well the Colt arrived a day early and I’ve been playing with it for a couple days.
It feels good in the hand and dropping the cartridges into the cylinder and rotating it brought back memories of my Ruger single six .45 which I wish I still had.
Like Bam86 said, they aren’t very accurate and the sights are way off.
Mine is shooting 4 inches high at 5 yards.
Still, it’s quite fun to shoot and I just use instinct shooting and ignore the sights.
Shooting out the window into the snow at 15 yards I can hit a tennis ball sized target maybe four out of six shots.
This is the pellet version and I tried all the .177 ammo I have and it worked best with JSB 8.44 grain.
Then I got into four full blown gunfights.
Using instinct shooting I was able to spray 12 shots at each bad guy and come out ahead.
Yeah it was pretty ugly, the skinny guys each took one to the jewels and I’m not proud of that, but it was a gunfight man.
I’ve found that it’s much easier to fight an obese gunslinger.
The John Wayne Colt is an excellent choice for the task of dispatching corpulent opponents.
Okay before you blast me for the terrible gun play just remember that I’m shooting fast, and I’m being shot at.
It also helps to squint and posture around like Dustin Hoffman in the gunslinger days of Little Bigman.
Overall thumbs up on this pistol, just plain old fun.

90973295-885B-422E-9EE6-AD34374D4614.jpeg

FF11B47E-B17A-4B19-8CF4-12760FC916BA.jpeg

I been called out to face the guy in black and I ain’t got no six shooter!
I’m needing to be able to reach for my iron, fill my hand and send six shots into the chest before I get drilled like Buster Scruggs lol!
It needs to be a western style single action six shooter that shoots pellets.
Hopefully reasonably accurate, the range is only 7 yards.
I’m betting that Septicdeath will know just what I need!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

View attachment 309971
Yup, me too. So many choices.

Reactions: davelarson