• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I need help with a new DAR in .177 cal.

I have a new DAR in .177 cal that will not group well. ( Using JSB 10.3 grain pellets.) I have shot several hundred pellets through the rifle, cleaned the barrel, checked the baffles for clipping with no visible lead transfer noticed. Hand fed several 5 shot groups to see if the magazines were trimming the pellets with no change in grouping. I have run several magazines over a chronograph with no great variance in F P S. Thinking I might be the problem, I shot my Xisico Sentury in .22 cal on same bench, same range ( 10 meters ) with very tight , one hole type groups. I have also watched the pressure and have not seen a difference in grouping at full psi ( 3000 ) or lower psi ( 2000 ). Thoughts, comments or suggestions on what to do next to get this rifle to group better? db

Thanks for suggesting removing the shroud nervoustrig, tried that with some shifting of group but no improvement overall. IIRC, JSB 10.3 pellets were in the high 800 fps range. Can't find my notes. Will run rifle over chronograph again soon, Took shroud off, inspected baffles,chucked them up in a lathe, took a couple of thousandths off, every thing looked ok. Pulled out barrel and examined the crown, and breech lead, didn't see anything obviously wrong. I think pellet speed may be high or regulator inconsistent. I have almost 500 pellets through this rifle, which I though should allowed the regulator to settle in. Will shoot some more tomorrow. Also this rifle is loud without shroud in place. Thanks to nervoustrig, Rj & DesertSliver sugestions / comments. db