i need an all around springer.

1595824930_7993838545f1e5b22989ff6.06502946.png

I have a battery of HW97K and AA TX200 rifles and don’t think you could go wrong with either. All have had significant tuning work, either by Motorhead or more recently on my own. All will shoot 3/8” groups or less at 20 yards, and sub 1 1/2” 10 shot groups at 50 yards. I have both the HW97K and TX series in .177 and .22. If I were buying for field target it would definitely be a .177. If I were buying strictly for metal silhouette or pesting, it would be in .22. If I were limiting myself to one rifle, and based upon tens of thousands of pellets, it would be a .177. Either rifle series is an “heirloom” and will last for generations, but the TX is definitely the nicest finished springer on the market today.

The underlever cocking rifles simply hold their accuracy much better than the break barrel rifles, especially over time.

I have a battery of HW97K and AA TX200 rifles and don’t think you could go wrong with either. All have had significant tuning work, either by Motorhead or more recently on my own. All will shoot 3/8” groups or less at 20 yards, and sub 1 1/2” 10 shot groups at 50 yards. I have both the HW97K and TX series in .177 and .22. If I were buying for field target it would definitely be a .177. If I were buying strictly for metal silhouette or pesting, it would be in .22. If I were limiting myself to one rifle, and based upon tens of thousands of pellets, it would be a .177. Either rifle series is an “heirloom” and will last for generations, but the TX is definitely the nicest finished springer on the market today.

The underlever cocking rifles simply hold their accuracy much better than the break barrel rifles, especially over time.

Thanks the Best springers 97 and tx hard decisión.

Calibers? FT .177, Hunting .22 but that's just my opinion. You can certainly get a decent hunting springer in .177.

Honestly there are a lot of good choices out there. I'd recommend making a list of the features and architecture you want on an airgun and stick to your list while you are shopping. For example, if you want a safety that is easily resettable that would exclude any Weihrauchs. In that case, I'd recommend a Diana, AA, or Walther if you can find one. If you don't mind a bit of cleaning and tuning when you get the rifle and don't want to spend so much money, a Hatsan can be a good choice perhaps a 95 or 125. Of course, there's the Mike Melick tuned guns from Flying Dragon Air Rifles. I've heard those are good choices for those looking for an economical choice.

HW77K in .177 caliber. 

Leave out the breakbarrel stuff for FT in my opinion. The barrel tension stuff is another variable you don't need to have to worry with. Plus the extra weight out front of the 77K makes them balance better. 

They make excellent hunting guns as well. It's what I hunt with 90% of the time. And I mean hunting, walking through the woods, not shooting squirrels in the yard. Easy to put a sling on since the underlever locks into place, unlike others that use a ball bearing. 

Fitting open sights for casual shooting or plinking is also a good option to have. 

It's really the "do it all" springer in my opinion. 

If your budget is 500 then buy a hw 97 from krale and then save another week or two and send it to motorhead. He tunes them for any purpose you need for 200 or 250. He's widely known to be a top tier tuner. If I was just going to try out field target I would buy an already tuned used gun and a cheap Walmart gun for pests. Walmart guns are not good target guns but they are good pesting guns. The extra power is often what you need to kill backyard pests and a benjamin prowler in 22 is way more effective at skunk killing that a 12 fpe 177. Just saying. I found one for 69 dollars at Walmart. They are always like 97 bucks when not on sale. Just another way to go. All these posts are good ideas. 

I successfuly kill squirrels out to 30+ yards (about 80 so far) with the HW30 (6.3lbs). To move out to 50 yards, I'm so wanting the HW50 (6.8lbs). Of course, the 35E (7.8lbs) is also shooting well at that distance. My 95L (7.5lbs) and 97K (8.8lbs) are terrific shooters--I just can't tote and shoot the 97K off hand as well as the others; and, the lighter the gun, the longer I can endure. There many other guns that will do likewise--most cheaper; but, typically, you get what you pay for in overall and long term quality. OTOH, IMO don't get a magnum springer, since those typically require more effort to shoot as consistently. OTOH, they do shoot further. 

I chose .177 and that may have been a mistake; but, I've eradicated 162 squirrels in 18 months--along with a rabbit and several birds). And, I'm not shooting over 35 yards (ever) unless I head out to the farm. Then, a 22LR is more likely to get the bid. I have told a good friend that he should probably invest in the .22 caliber.

Hope this helps,

Arch_E