AEA I need advice on making my AEA TD .30 cal trigger become much lighter.

Has anyone done a trigger upgrade to their AEA HP TD? Mines a .30 cal, and the trigger is way too heavy. I know how to polish a trigger group, but has anyone tried lighter springs? I cant fing ANY info online. I LOVE the rifle, I hate this 5+lb trigger. Ever firearm I have has a superb trigger, I am a trigger snob. Yeah, I admit it. Please advise!
Thank you, Jeff from Venice Florida

Since the trigger is a disconnect style for semi-auto, it is difficult to get the trigger down to an acceptable level and maintain function. You could turn your semi into a bolt action and install a bolt action only trigger (if you can still find one, they were offered by the aftermarket since even AEA bolt actions had the semi trigger).

Good luck,
Dave

If you are a trigger snob you bought the wrong rifle. I have owned at least 6 AEA rifles and only my Challenger Pro had an ok trigger. They are not the rifles for a lover of fine triggers.
Yeah, I bought it at auction so I could not try it out 1st, I did get a .25 varminter barrel, a .30 shorty barre;, and a bolt action conversion kit with it. I will polish up the sear etc and see if that helps. Im not used to such a heavy pull.

Since the trigger is a disconnect style for semi-auto, it is difficult to get the trigger down to an acceptable level and maintain function. You could turn your semi into a bolt action and install a bolt action only trigger (if you can still find one, they were offered by the aftermarket since even AEA bolt actions had the semi trigger).

Good luck,
Dave
I did get a bolt action kit with 2 extra barrels with the gun, a .25 varminter, and a .30 shorty. I will polish up the sear and see what happens. Its a fun rifle, but not as accurate as my Marauder or Avenger. But snappin' quick follow up shots at Iguanas is worth the heavy trigger pull. I was thinking of trying lighter springs that attach under the trigger guard, but I dont know where to find any, or if others have tried this..Maybe I'll be the 1st?

The disconnect style is built into the trigger so that’s why it has the odd clicky feel when you shoot it. I bet with some polishing and lighter springs, it will lighten up some.

While you’re tinkering with it, you might check the barrel crown. The AEA’s have been known to commonly have really horrible crowns and really do well (accuracy wise) after a proper crown is done. I have 3 and everyone of them had bad crowns.

Dave