I need a Marauder mechanic..

The great Cricket tuner. Marauder are kindergarten level in comparison. Easy as pie... If not I would hit xbowsniper Tom Holland...

1594087525_12487796365f03d86579db60.48080163.png

Frear42,

Yo is right on. One of the easier guns to work on, even if it is just a pile of parts. I've taken mine apart so many times, it's second nature.

If you check out my U Tube Channel, Field Target Tech, I show a disassembly video, and a reassembly video. There is also a separate video for only a regulator install, you might want to pass by that one, or at least watch that one last. There are a few others on u tube as well. The biggest hurdle that you will have, will be figuring out what screws go where. If you have a problem with this, take a picture of all the screws, separate all the different kinds. Take a picture, and send it to me in a PM. I'll be able to tell you exactly where they go, and you'll be on your way to reassembly success. 

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

This is only a 15 or 20-30 minute max job here.

The most time consuming thing about putting a Marauder back together is screwing that damn fill port to the end of the tube if you use the barrel band to screw it back in trick that works but takes too much time. Use a leather belt wrap it on your vise and at that end wrap around the tube screw in by hand tight first then cinch it up with a large vice grip and grip while using middle round part of the jaws and position closest to the qf thread wrapped by leather belt to avoid crushing the tube. Don't grip away from the threads otherwise you might squash the tube and may not be able to take the gauge port out to change out the o-rings at a later time if and when it ever leaks or to add a regulator later if so inclined or asked to do so.

Follow the videos. hour tops to get it back together, if all the screws and parts are there. I'd offer to come over and help, but you are in Georgia, I'm in Utah. Kinda far for an evening drive.

I got so I could tear mine down and have it back together in an hour. Yo is right, the hardest part is the transfer port.

For initial adjustments, you might want to email Crosman and ask what factory setup is. It differs by caliber, but is really simple.

good luck!

Guys, he said he doesn't have time to mess with it. You know the story. An auto mechanic going home after a days work ....just to work on another automobile?

Charlie, hit up Motorhead, Rocker1 or Nervoustrigger.

and then there are "What parts are missing?" and "Why was it in parts to begin with?". ;) I'm betting it is not a one time assembly.

But, as all have said it is one of the easiest airguns to work on.

STICK - VERY FIRMLY PRESS YOUR THUMB in that manometer gauge block hole THATS WHERE you're gonna get your O-ring damaged due to that sharp unchamfered inside edge of that round gauge port hole if you dont have the Archer tool. As you're wooden doweling sliding that first gauge block o-ring over it press your thumb real hard while doing it.

One thing about the Marauder tube, it's punched so leaves a burr on the inside that can cut the o-rings.

I ended up wrapping 9 or 10 wraps of duct tape around a cleaning rod, taping some very fine (600 grit then 1000 grit) sand paper to the duct tape, chucking it in a drill, and polishing the burr away. After that, a little silicone grease and the parts slid right in. Yup, I screwed up more than one set of o-rings.

Polish it and you are good to go