• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I need a compact comfortable 22

If you are on a strict budget the Benjamin Marauder Pistol (P-Rod) with AR stock and side folding attachment would probably work for you too for a lot cheaper. This one doesn't have the side folding add on (YET).

The above mentioned are however much better guns IMHO...

Screenshot_2020-11-10-03-34-472.1605322143.png

If you are on a strict budget the Benjamin Marauder Pistol (P-Rod) with AR stock and side folding attachment would probably work for you too for a lot cheaper. This one doesn't have the side folding add on (YET).

The above mentioned are however much better guns IMHO...

Screenshot_2020-11-10-03-34-472.1605322143.png

I have a P-Rod and love it. I have it set up with a pic rail for a light with a 3-9 leupold and It is almost perfect. I would like a little more power 

I have a Veteran Standard .22, and it may be my favorite air gun. It is very accurate, excellent trigger, robust build will handle field conditions well. A carrying strap is easily attached using a front stud and either attaching a rear stud too, or, use the stock thumb hole. It is not light. Mine is a laminate stock and, with an Athlon Helos scope, I believe it weighs 10 pounds. But weight is not all bad. Light rifles are easy to carry but harder to shoot well. 

Having both the Taipan Veteran Compact and an Impact Compact MKII for a bush gun, Taipan because it for sure take more knocks and bumps in the field than the Impact. Out of the box the Taipan is a bit heavier than the Impact because of the beech wood stock.

Absolutely agree. For hunting, the Taipan Veteran would be my clear choice over anything made by FX. Yes, the Veteran is a bit heavy. But, when you can carry it through the woods, and know that it will remain on zero, that's a price I'll pay. It has a solid barrel, that screws into the receiver like most center fire rifles, very non-traditional in air rifles, but a great design. And the barreled action is held together by a large frame with 12 machine screws. You might drop it and destroy the scope, but the rifle is a tank, and you can depend on it. 

Howdy, I do want to add a couple of comments on "dedicated" vs "non-dedicated aka "versatile" platforms and durability / survivability. For durability & survivability the former will always win out over the later. Matt Dubber and others may argue with me on this, but speaking from experience in a past life, a dedicated platform "built for purpose" is less likely to fail you in the field. As @elh0102 said, the Taipan will less likely fail you in the field than a FX Impact.

The Taipan Compact (and that is the only Taipan I mean) are strictly, IMHO, is built to be a starker / hunter, and that is it. The Taipan Compact is NOT built to reach out beyond 75 yards, and for me that is stretching it. From just watching way too many YouTube videos reading this and owning one, the FX Impact MKII was originally built to be a precision long range platform, and then someone got the idea to slap a 500 mm barrel on it, then suddenly it is durable stalking gun, which it isn't. With the 500 mm barrel the FX IMpact Compact is compact, and not a "drag through the mud" all weather gun like the Taipan (maybe that is a stretch), but I think gets the point across.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your budget you have many dedicated platforms to chose from. 

And I will do a full disclosure on two of the reasons I got a Taipan Compact over say the Leyla 2.0 (which one day I own). One, I am half Czech so "legally" I have to own a Czech made gun. Two, I got s killer deal on a Taipan through a contact in the Czech Republic when they were hard to find other places.

@oldsparky congrats, I am sure you will be very happy with the Taipan Vet. I would recommend getting the DonnyFL adapter so you can put a moderator on it. I have the compact version in .25 cal, but people say the standard is pretty quiet to stock, but still, my compact with the DonnyFL Sumo on there (recommend one caliber larger than .22 and same moderator) it is insanely quiet. I am sure a Standard would be super insanely quiet.