• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

I need a 25 auto TJ barrel in 9/16 diameter not sure if it’s made

I want to rebarrel my Kral Bighorn 25 caliber with a 28 inch .250 groove diameters barrel.

The problem is TJ lists that barrel with at 7/16 diameter and my Bighorns’ barrel is .591 /15mm diameter, but more importantly the barrel stub is .501 inch.

I have reached out to TJ via Emil to see if they make it in either 1/2 inch or 9/16.
Has anyone had a 9/16 TJ 25 auto barrel made?

Regards,

Roachcreek

I want to rebarrel my Kral Bighorn 25 caliber with a 28 inch .250 groove diameters barrel.

The problem is TJ lists that barrel with at 7/16 diameter and my Bighorns’ barrel is .591 /15mm diameter, but more importantly the barrel stub is .501 inch.

I have reached out to TJ via Emil to see if they make it in either 1/2 inch or 9/16.
Has anyone had a 9/16 TJ 25 auto barrel made?

Regards,

Roachcreek
I see he has a 1:22 barrel on 9/16
E5A1B22B-A237-42D8-966D-B0ED5AF3B223.png

I’ve made a couple of barrels using TJ liners. Look for DOM tubing with a 7/16” i.d. and an appropriate o.d.. You might need to sand down the liner a small amount to get a reliable slip fit into the DOM tubing. Then use Loctite 641 to bond the liner in place. You’ll only get one chance to slip it into the DOM quickly before it sets. Finish machining like any other barrel.

Boostercreep you nailed it, that is way to slow for my slugs. My Bighorn that Troy Hammer did his magic on is shooting 44.5 .251 hp slugs from a MPMold @ 945 fps, this is with a 1-17, 18 inch barrel, I of course want to break 100 fpe.

Scotchmo, eBay has 5/8 x 7/16 x 2 inch dom for less than $6.00. My barrel stub is 2”so that would work.

Thanks all,

Roachcreek

Scotchmo, eBay has 5/8 x 7/16 x 2 inch dom for less than $6.00. My barrel stub is 2”so that would work.

Thanks all,

Roachcreek
I used stubs for another .22 barrel liner and tensioned it with a carbon shroud. It was light weight and shot OK. The two liners (.257 and 7mm) with full length 7/8” o.d. DOM barrels are very heavy but perform well (no harmonics to deal with).

For light weight, 2” stub works. For accuracy, full length DOM is better.

16 inch is the longest Dom 5/8x7/16 I can see on eBay.

It seems that TJ does make 9/16 25 caliber barrels per Trash’s post, question is whether they will make one with a 14 twist for me.

RC

And TJ will make you a liner in any length. My 7mm has a 48” barrel.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Trash,

The longest slug I have is .450, which is a 50 grain. My 44.5 MPMold slugs are .410.

I have to shoot wrong handed these days as a old on duty assault eventually led to my right eye being removed, the eye doctors tell me the left one is on its way out also so getting tasks like this barrel bought and fitted in a timely manner is imperative.

I always knew that I would do a broadside skid to my grave, never thought it would be without headlights.

Thanks for the information,

Roachcreek

RC, as someone who has lost vision in the right eye and encounters problems with the left I very much sympathize with you. For what it’s worth your exploits have inspired me, from the long range shooting to the pillow-box hallway shooting range, and has hastened my push to complete projects before my vision goes as well. From one left eyed, wrong handed shooting jackass to another; Good luck in your endeavors and thank you for the motivation in my own

Apparently it’s pretty common to make combos outside of what’s listed in the chart, as I (and many others) have a 1:14 257 barrel. In any case keep us updated. I’d own a bighorn myself if they were left hand friendly. What is the max length slug for your magazine?
The key piece of info is the above posted price list only represents TJ's standard airgun liner price list there is an larger/separate price list for powder burner liners. For example, our 1:14 .257 liners are from the powder burner price list, they are marketed as 25-20 liners.

That yellow banner stating to email or call for special order pricing, does that mean they can make a 9/16 .250 1/14 twist? So far I have called and emailed but no return communication yet.

RC
Some things never change, lol...

Eventually you should get an email response.

In the past my communication leaned more towards describing what I wanted to order and asking for an invoice for the total amount with shippjng vs inquiring about what they would or could possibly do......