• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

I must be doing something right.

I still can't believe it when I finished among some of the best of Open Rifle PCP Class in third place at the 2016 AAFTA Nationals in Michigan this weekend. Saturday I missed 5 targets out of 64 and Sunday missed 6 out of 64. That's making 117 out of 128! I consider myself just a slightly better than average shooter and many at this event I felt were better than me but I must be doing something right as the month prior I finished in first place at the Pyramyd Air Cup. Many thanks to the northeastern events and their participants which gave me the experience and knowledge of FT wisdom. If I hadn't made a couple of silly mental errors I wouldn't have missed some shots yesterday with my FX400 FT .177 rifle as first/second place was only one point ahead of me. Hey I'll take third place for only doing this for a year.

Can't wait to see what next year brings.

"fe7565"Congratulation on your achievements! I am sure skills had a great part of the success and looks like you were very close to first place so next year should knock it out of the park. What was the most unexpected during the match and what do you think helped you prepare you the most? What part does equipment play?
Thanks. The conditions are the wildcard. Being able to read things like the wind, lighting conditions are unknown until it's time to pull the trigger. Practice is key.

Hey, don't sell yourself short-I follow your video's and you're a good trigger jockey.
How about sharing with those of us who are starting out- maybe it's just me, but I feel I've plateaued 
and would love any insight you might have to share. The basics are out there on the web, but its like trying to learn karate by reading a book- Id love to learn from your journey about the next level of improvement. Any suggestions?

"0akhonor"Hey, don't sell yourself short-I follow your video's and you're a good trigger jockey.
How about sharing with those of us who are starting out- maybe it's just me, but I feel I've plateaued 
and would love any insight you might have to share. The basics are out there on the web, but its like trying to learn karate by reading a book- Id love to learn from your journey about the next level of improvement. Any suggestions?
Sorry,
you must have me confused with someone else. I don't have any videos out.

Brian- congrats on how well you did at Nat's this year. It was a pleasure meeting you.

You should come over to WFTF! You will love it! The water is nice and warm and the bubbles smell purdy! :) 

All the cool kids are having fun in WFTF these days. I never had a chance to shoot in Open because of the choice in gear I made early on so I went straight to WFTF where I am having tons of fun these days. You get to wear an awesome jacket on days that is is 100 degrees out, you can't wear straps on your legs, no thigh rests, and you get to watch your pellets move sideways 3-6 inches through your scope on windy days. If you ever bowled before, I compare it to watching your bowling ball hook on the lane through your scope! It is amazingly fun!!!!!

See you on the lanes,
Boomer