• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I've taken 50 plus grey digger squirrels over the past 3 years. Mostly 30-90 ft using the back porch hand rail as a rest ( I'm 85 and a little unsteady). Haven't seen any in over a month. This morning 8:20am there were 2 eating up the bird seed. I keep a Gamo Urban 5.5 by the back door with a scope. As I tried to aim the sun was blinding the scope, I couldn't see a darned thing, Rats ! I'll get-em' next time. Bill

I know the feeling. The back of my house faces east which is great in the afternoon but not so great in the morning. I can target shoot in the morning well only on cloudy days. Especially early, the sunlight is blinding. I've tried a paper tube and it didn't seem to help. I've tried a honeycomb filter on the scope and it did nothing. Putting on a ball cap helps but it's still very hard to see. Squirrels don't generally hang around but my solution for targets is to wait a bit until the sun is higher.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
Bill the above advise from members is great and my two cents is to move your bird feeder either Left or Right in relationship to sun rise smacking door. Which ever direction places feeder on your stronger easier to see and respond side.
Another idea if there is a window facing the feeder or target area open the window and raise any window shade high enough to see out.
Now place a comfortable chair two or so feet from window so as to allow shade to block direct sun light from shining on your scope.
Enjoy a good cup as you wait on your quarry and good luck in your continuing quest. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassBill2020