• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I Might Be Jealous - Her 1st PCP

I've been lurking around since the early 90s and remembering Jonesing over a Career 707 and Sam Yang 909, not to mention the Beeman RX-1, one of the first gas spring piston guns I ever knew made. I still have both my RWS and Beeman catalogs from back then, my old RWS 48, and a pristine copy of "The Air Rifle Hunter's Guide" by Tom Holzel from 1991. Yet family and work always stood in the way of me easing off into "The Darkside" back then, however all that has changed now. I've retired once and even gone back to work after 3 or 4 years of boredom, and in the last few months I've decided to delve back into this old love, air rifles. While I sit and wait on a modified rifle to arrive courtesy of Brian over at Veradium Air, my lady has decided to make me jealous by ordering a FX Wildcat MKIII BT equipped with a 580cc carbon fiber bottle and a DonnyFL Tanto. God forbid her gun outperforms mine or I may be forced to consider yet another higher end rifle that's lefty friendly.

PXL_20230509_112733489.jpg

It's not about the money; it's about the fun🤗🎩🤙
Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. What thrills me even more is when a budget item outpaces a well-revered expensive item. I'm looking forward to comparing her Wildcat's performance to my budget rifle that Veradium Air is working for me. Brian claimed that this budget rifle would be capable of keeping up with a FX and I sure am looking forward to seeing the proof.

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. What thrills me even more is when a budget item outpaces a well-revered expensive item. I'm looking forward to comparing her Wildcat's performance to my budget rifle that Veradium Air is working for me. Brian claimed that this budget rifle would be capable of keeping up with a FX and I sure am looking forward to seeing the proof.
Yea!! I'm constantly pitting my "low end" slingers against the "better" ones.
The 880 is a GREAT multipump for the price!🤗🎩🤙

Yea!! I'm constantly pitting my "low end" slingers against the "better" ones.
The 880 is a GREAT multipump for the price!🤗🎩🤙
880m? As in the Crosman 880 pumper? If so, my 880 was more accurate than my 881 back in the 80s. Remembering the performance of that thing is what finally pushed me over the edge. I bought a new Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22 a few months and was less than pleased with my ability to keep tight groups. PCP is the fix, I hope.

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
880m? As in the Crosman 880 pumper? If so, my 880 was more accurate than my 881 back in the 80s. Remembering the performance of that thing is what finally pushed me over the edge. I bought a new Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22 a few months and was less than pleased with my ability to keep tight groups. PCP is the fix, I hope.
Yea! Using the 880 is what I baseline my tests off of😅
I can hit bottlecaps at 50yards with it. Using a cheap Barska scope even.
It's helpful that it's multipump bc I can vary the velocities and figure out what speeds a pellet likes to group at

• Love
Reactions: IRBent
Yea! Using the 880 is what I baseline my tests off of😅
I can hit bottlecaps at 50yards with it. Using a cheap Barska scope even.
It's helpful that it's multipump bc I can vary the velocities and figure out what speeds a pellet likes to group at
I completely understand and agree. My lady has a Crosman 770 or something like that. I forgot too, those 880/881 rifles are Daisy's offerings. What I remember best is being able to see the pellet and its flight. That made it possible for me to memorize the trajectory and hit targets at different distances. All mind you, way before most normal people owned chronies or had a PC to calculate trajectories.

• Love
I completely understand and agree. My lady has a Crosman 770 or something like that. I forgot too, those 880/881 rifles are Daisy's offerings. What I remember best is being able to see the pellet and its flight. That made it possible for me to memorize the trajectory and hit targets at different distances. All mind you, way before most normal people owned chronies or had a PC to calculate trajectories.
Oh yea! Little to zero recoil is a game changer when studying your shots.(ive slowed down on testing springers until I get a setup where I can record/or just view my shots after I've shot)
Just need a spotting scope and a camera/phone mount of sorts... I think😅🤦🤷‍♂️
But I've kept my collection to pretty much a .177 and a .22 in each powerplant.
So I've only got a Ruger .22 and a Winchester. 177 break barrel

Oh yea! Little to zero recoil is a game changer when studying your shots.(ive slowed down on testing springers until I get a setup where I can record/or just view my shots after I've shot)
Just need a spotting scope and a camera/phone mount of sorts... I think😅🤦🤷‍♂️
But I've kept my collection to pretty much a .177 and a .22 in each powerplant.
So I've only got a Ruger .22 and a Winchester. 177 break barrel
I own an early 90s RWS Model 48 in .177 and a Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22 cal. I probably shot all of 100 pellets through the new Gamo before setting it down and studying PCPs. I think my new gun will ship by this weekend or the first of next week based on my last conversation with Veradium Air. I hope Brian is able to squeeze closer to 50fpe out of this .22 cal with slugs and still be able to tune it down to accurately shoot 18 grain JSBs.

• Love
I own an early 90s RWS Model 48 in .177 and a Gamo Swarm Magnum in .22 cal. I probably shot all of 100 pellets through the new Gamo before setting it down and studying PCPs. I think my new gun will ship by this weekend or the first of next week based on my last conversation with Veradium Air. I hope Brian is able to squeeze closer to 50fpe out of this .22 cal with slugs and still be able to tune it down to accurately shoot 18 grain JSBs.
Oh man! That's alot of fpe!👀🤗
One of these days I'll get a custom setup made for me😅

Reactions: IRBent
Use to shoot a Career 707 tuned by the A-Team.... Many moons ago.. I remember it shooting great... and I remember it being heavy packing it on a days hunt! Definitely built like a tank and still shooting well for the next guy. (A relative owns it now)
There's one for sale here in the classifieds. I always thought that they were beautiful rifles, especially the artwork scrawled into the receivers.

Reactions: Jasonmc
Surely “jealousy” is a happenstance by product due to your lady being well informed by your schooling on the subject.
Actually, I think she has a mind of her own and chose to do what she thought was best for her. At one point I thought we had decided to wait until the rifle I ordered from Veradium Air (VA) arrived so we could see how it might fit her. Then much like me, she got antsy and went over the top with her 1st ever PCP. Brian at VA called me yesterday with a question or two and a build update. I told him that he needs to put his best work into the gun because it was going to be pitted against a FX Wildcat with a 600mm barrel. He seemed to less than concerned with the competition. I did gather that his build will not have the power the Wildcat can produce. He was talking about 40fpe, where as I reiterated that I had hoped to shoot up to 50-55fpe with @ 25 grain slugs near 1000fps. I also said that I'd also like it to be able to drop down and shoot 15.9 grain pellets @ 900 fps. In the end, I simply don't expect his modifications to be able to accommodate that spread, but I hope I'm wrong. Either way, I'm way more excited for her and her Wildcat and can only hope my modified cheapy can hold a candle to hers.