• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I maybe turning into an air gun hoarder

I don't like to think of myself as a hoarder. I think of them as a collection. You guys have nothing to worry about only having a couple of handfuls of guns. But guys like me that shoot spring-piston and collecting vintage guns of all types, have the real problem. It goes beyond hoarding and falls into the addiction category.

I have the same problem,can’t stop lol.I just got into it a few months ago and bought 5 pcp’s in the first 3 weeks.Have been on an optics and accessories kick for a couple months..now i just got the huben gk-1 and looking at that western rattler😵‍💫..I need therapy
We are here to help.
Will let you know when we are pest controlling the sugar cane field in Belle Glade…

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Yeah, I'll admit to being an airgun hoarder. I still have my 60 year old Slavia 618 and Crossman 101 that I got as a kid. No "seller's remorse" for me 😉

The scary thing is that I've caught the collecting bug... Somehow I can justify having four .22 caliber, 30 fpe PCPs, I just ordered a fifth one and have been looking at two others which I'd like to shoot. Don't know if I want to be cured or not LOL!

Cheers!

20231023_155726.jpg
20231023_155635.jpg
20231023_155639.jpg

I got back into airguns before 2013 Christmas. I got my son a break barrel for the holidays from Wal-mart. He was like "meh", he would shoot with me but wasn't really into it. I was hooked, the cheap springer was quickly replaced with a better springer and that was quickly replaced by a PCP. I got my 1st PCP last April and now I have 7 including a couple of big bores. Now I'm thinking of one more PCP that I have to have, but haven't decided if I will sell one of the ones I own.
Blackdiesel: it was truly great seeing you at the air gun show in Newton, NC a month or so ago and I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. I've been called the "blackhole of air guns" because I don't let them go. I've bought, sold and traded quite a few air guns throughout the years but I can't seem to let most of the ones that I have go. I don't have the time or friends anymore to shoot with because I'm a caregiver with no regrets and I've learned throughout the years that it's easy not caring for your loved ones. The hardest part is caring and more than willing to make sacrifices for them and I've never preached what I believe but I've learned how to practice it.

So, do you have too many toys to play with, I have to say "no" because that's why we work for what we need and some of what we want! Hopefully we will have to get together and sling some lead some day, you're just a little ways down the road from me and it would be well worth the drive. Tell the "big guy" that I said hello as well and thanks for representing our passion.

I made a rule to myself not to own more than 3. One for each caliber. Works good so far. Heck you can only shoot one at a time anyways. I want to get me another one but have to sell one first.
Wow! you have SOME self control! I usually have 8 pcp rifles at a time. Before I beat the ssp addiction, I had 6 of them, and at the end, all six were FWB300 juniors in different generations. I sold all the ssps. I did sell two pcps so now I only have six of them, but that's temporary most likely. One for each caliber? no can do! I have four .22's let's see,
An HW100 FSB .22, two FX Royale .22, one 1st gen with no adjuster or regulator, one newer with both, one Brocock Bantam Sniper HR .22.
In .177, I have a Crosman Challenger 2021, and an Airmaks Katran L.
From my way of thinking, I'm short two .177's

And now, we've come to my one and only rule of buying airguns...... I only do two calibers, .177 and .22. BUT, I have once or twice went for a .20, but it didn't last long with the limited pellet choices, and at the time I had one or two, the pellet shortage was going on which made it even more frustrating, so I'm guessing I won't go there again.

Ok Grasshopper you have so much to learn. The airgun bug has not buried itself deep in to your psychic yet.
There are air gunners on here who have airguns not viewed by the human eye for decades. There are others who receive and/or ship sometimes 10 airguns a week (Myself included). You will know when you are truly under the airgun bug's spell, when this is how you gunroom ,mancave or garage looks like this. The trailer is another load of 203 airguns coming home with me this Oct.
tim

IMG_E0541[1].JPG

IMG_E0542[1].JPG

IMG_E0534[1].JPG

IMG950396 (1).jpg

ef0b471e35696c7c1c76e23cc2e2f40d9d0424ce.jpg

54f596d5ab09e46c773acd1358d6fd05cd462ee2.jpg

5a397dd18c6377ea4a662aca58855b23f70d7c71.jpg

Picked up a nice Amish made cabinet my wife found the other day. Holds 8 rifles. Let's just say a couple of the compact guns are squeezed in a bit. But a lovely piece of furniture.

That said, I've gone bought and sold many airguns. Not that there was anything wrong with them but my interests changed and I'm on a budget. I have a few guns right now that I haven't really been using and could see a cause to consolidate those sales into something else I've been interested in. I think I have a beautiful collection of capable .30 cal airguns.... which is still my favorite caliber.... and doing pretty well in .25 and even some larger calibers.... but I would not mind owning a high power 22 cal that can push some slugs. Even an AEA Challenger SL 22 "cheapo" might be what I'm looking for.

I might have some neat things up for sale soon!

Reactions: Matt247365
Me thinks that you thinks WRONG. It's cruel that you keep them in the dark like that, with that many it's hard or impossible to give then each the attention that they deserve.
Me and a couple of shooting buddies shoot on Sundays when the weather allows and I bring out 6 - 8 at a time. But the problem is that they are hoarders too and they bring out several guns, We still get a chance to shoot each other's gun at times.

Reactions: Matt247365