• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

I make money the old fashioned way...

In a GP or the like... Shoot offs are the only way to go...If other attendees need to go, then they can go.. and hopefully watch a video of the shoot off when they get home with all the other "wanna bees" who couldn't make it to the event.

Shoot offs are a really, really exciting event and should not be cast aside so easily. I'm seen so many and been involved in a few that I'll never forget.. Don't miss out on that chance for a great show.

yeah, if $$ on the line, or some sort of "awarded match" (like a special yearly trophy), or gp or higher, you must follow the sanctioning rules to a tee. At local monthly matches, there is definitely some leeway. I agree, monthly, mostly peeps are trying to skedaddle at the end and it makes for quicker departure to find alternatives to a shoot-off.

One thing is a fact, shoot EVERY shot in the match as if it were a shoot-off.

Funnily enough, since posting this way back when, I've seen 2 or 3 great shoot-offs. Not trying to take credit for the uptick in great shoot-offs, but if some one wants to give me the credit...

I even got into a shoot-off with drsquall that neither of us wanted. We were both hot and tired, we had put our stuff away, but the score card tie-breakers did not resolve the tie. So we put on our big boy pants (because we are both big boys) and got our gear back out for a shoot off. If the hot car hadn't melted Jon's sidewheel, I'm sure he would have beat me. Too bad it was too hot for a pissin' contest.

Sometimes the tried-and-true methods are the most reliable. Reminds me of when I was in a pinch for cash and had to get creative. I found odd jobs around the neighborhood - mowing lawns, walking dogs, even helping with yard work. It wasn't glamorous, but it put some extra cash in my pocket when I needed it most. If you're ever looking how to make 10k fast, though, you might want to explore some newer opportunities online.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, since posting this way back when, I've seen 2 or 3 great shoot-offs. Not trying to take credit for the uptick in great shoot-offs, but if some one wants to give me the credit...

I even got into a shoot-off with drsquall that neither of us wanted. We were both hot and tired, we had put our stuff away, but the score card tie-breakers did not resolve the tie. So we put on our big boy pants (because we are both big boys) and got our gear back out for a shoot off. If the hot car hadn't melted Jon's sidewheel, I'm sure he would have beat me. Too bad it was too hot for a pissin' contest.

I remember that shoot-off; matter of fact, I directed it. Really enjoyed bossing you overgrown yetis around. But you're not that big; probably no more than 15' stacked end-to-end.

By the way, you still owe me twenty bucks for taking a heat-gun to that plastic side-wheel while Jon was preoccupied searching for his pellets you hid.
but if some one wants to give me the credit...
Are you kidding?:ROFLMAO:

SU CREDITO NO BUENO AQUI! 🫴

I remember that shoot-off; matter of fact, I directed it. Really enjoyed bossing you overgrown yetis around. But you're not that big; probably no more than 15' stacked end-to-end.

By the way, you still owe me twenty bucks for taking a heat-gun to that plastic side-wheel while Jon was preoccupied searching for his pellets you hid.

Are you kidding?:ROFLMAO:

SU CREDITO NO BUENO AQUI! 🫴

Yeah I knew I was not going to fair good at the shoot off when I pulled my gun out of the car and saw my scope wheel leaning like the tower of Pisa! lol

But Ron our shoot off at one of your EFT match was a great one!

Jon

Reactions: AirNGasman
Yeah I knew I was not going to fair good at the shoot off when I pulled my gun out of the car and saw my scope wheel leaning like the tower of Pisa! lol

But Ron our shoot off at one of your EFT match was a great one!

Jon
That was one of my favorite shoot offs, mostly because I now own the gun you used to almost beat Ron.

Scott, the old fashioned way………….Heard you been hitting the chippendales stages around the Dallas/Ft Worth metro with the Sas show. Need the extra cash for a new PRS rig, huh?

Sick man or Sasquatch I should say 💰

IMG_2786.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: trlrman
Some of our shooting events are giving out prize money for the top places. While it's not an "extreme" amount, it's not nuthin. Although this has always left a bad taste in my mouth, I'm not going to be a baby about it. It's there, it's a thing, we aren't going to unscrew that particular poodle.

So here's where I would like to see some opinions from other competitors: If there is prize money on the line, how do you want to see ties broken? To me, the obvious answer is a shoot off. A shoot off will make the cream rise to the top and is very entertaining for everyone present. I can't remember every match I've attended, but I can remember every shoot off that I've been in or watched. (Ask me some time about my extremely embarrassing shoot off at the Skeet Worlds a decade ago. It was bad, but still entertaining for everyone that wasn't me)

I get that sometimes you have a local match where 8 people show up and no one is interested in sticking around for a "bragging rights" shoot off. Sure, figure out who had the best standing lane score, or the first miss, or who is the tallest (my preferred non-shoot out tie breaker). But if there is money or a trophy or GP points on the line, I feel like a shoot off is the only fair way to break ties. Plus, we are all finishing around the same time. It's not like someone has to sit around for a couple of hours to see if they are in a shoot off.

The only person negatively impacted by a shoot off is the match director, but they should already know where they are going to have a shoot off if the need arises, so it's really not that big of a deal to set up.

Thoughts?
i think a shoot off is the Only Fair Way to break a tie . The score is already even , Maybe a regular bullseye shot and scored would be the best route .