• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I make money the old fashioned way...

Happen to recall our last show-down in windy conditions, D?:unsure:

But of course my Red Wolf couldn't possibly be as effective as the RonCo BroCo I wielded in our last show-down; so you might, POSSIBLY, MAYBE stand a chance in a rifle shoot-off.😂

BroCo.jpg

Offering up the chance of watching you and the other shooter pee on an electric fence would certainly have kept most out of town travelers around to watch THAT show!!!!
Winner is the last man standing!!!!

Pablo
Last October at the CT State Champion ship we had a bonus shot in the middle of the match shooting a field target with a 2" KZ at 75 yards off hand. I had know idea where to hold for my longest mark was 55 yards. We all had 3 shots at the target. I asked my shooting partner to watch thru his scope and tell me where my first shot impacted. I got lucky and knocked it down with my first shot. On my second shot it went down again. Darn right it was luck! The 3rd shot impacted about 2" high. Ended up tied with one other shooter that also knocked it down twice with a springer. There was $25 in the pot for this bonus target.
The match director asked us if we wanted to shoot off for the money. I had already put my kit away so I asked the springer shooter if he wanted to split the pot. He replied "Hell Yes" So we both went home with $12.50. I don't think either one of us thought we could knock that target down again and I didn't really care to be humilated by someone shooting a springer with a Thomas in my hands.

Offering up the chance of watching you and the other shooter pee on an electric fence would certainly have kept most out of town travelers around to watch THAT show!!!!
Winner is the last man standing!!!!

Pablo
Hmmmmmmm PaulNTX.... Why are we assuming "last man standing"? I may have to refuse the peeing on a fence strategy as it may prove difficult for "the last woman standing". ;)

IMHO price money even a little bit is detriment to the sport or the sportsmanship/camaraderie. It’s a hobby and like to keep it that way, money ruins everything good in life or more specifically brings out the worst in people.

Shoot off happens once a while.
I like this. Im down with whatever money paid goes to the club to keep it going. If they wanted to buy new targets and spruce things up then even better! Kind of neat shooting at dragons and such.

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
Personally, I agree with you on the shoot off idea. When there's prize money or something significant at stake, a shoot off adds that extra layer of excitement and ensures a fair outcome. It's like the grand finale of a shooting event, and I've got to admit, shoot offs are unforgettable and often make for some incredible stories.But you're right; it depends on the context. In a casual, small-scale match, other tiebreakers can work fine. However, when there's money or trophies involved, a shoot off feels like the most just and thrilling way to determine a winner.But if you're looking to add a little more excitement to your income, you should check out money earning apps. They offer various opportunities to make extra cash on the side.

Last edited: