I\'m considering 30 cal pcp ag

I've got an FX Boss that I bought used for $1,000. Absolutely love it. Unbelievable accuracy & fit & feel. Made me neglect my Royale 500 for months. Great hunting rifle, kills them dead. Won't shoot slugs but I don't mind. 44.75 JSB's or Polymags are superbly accurate. Just have to clip the tips on the Polymags or use a single shot tray. 

1577714596_7321365045e0a03a43cf7b5.41737567_F0B28F69-5AF3-4F49-8870-492B7F493FAD.jpeg

Could be a game changer, having a power pack like this.

How long before we see regulatory influence from our friends in govt? 

I was hunting with slugs the other day in my airgun, lead slugs- which is the only leaded projectile firer one can use in Cali. 

Airguns are excluded from the lead free ban today, but once high powered slug guns are common- well, these are the good ol days, enjoy them now!

Factory 130 FPE or tuned 130 FPE? +1 on the .30 Impact, lots of available parts, slug barrel, dual bottles. Slugs hitting are loud, still have not gotten use to it.

Out of the box.

@ heavy-impact

Is this an Impact MKIII??? Will this new configuration only available in .30??? The .30 caliber doesn't attract me but I hope that power will be available in a .22 Impact - it would be very nice to be able to shoot 36-40 gr slugs at 950-980 fps without needing to add aftermarket mods.

Looks like they left a restriction at the brass transfer port and pellet probe. A few minutes porting with a rotary tool will yield about 30 fpe more in .30 cal.

Factory 130 FPE or tuned 130 FPE? +1 on the .30 Impact, lots of available parts, slug barrel, dual bottles. Slugs hitting are loud, still have not gotten use to it.

Out of the box.

@ heavy-impact

Is this an Impact MKIII??? Will this new configuration only available in .30??? The .30 caliber doesn't attract me but I hope that power will be available in a .22 Impact - it would be very nice to be able to shoot 36-40 gr slugs at 950-980 fps without needing to add aftermarket mods.

Looks like they left a restriction at the brass transfer port and pellet probe. A few minutes porting with a rotary tool will yield about 30 fpe more in .30 cal.

I ordered a plenum from Michal in Poland, Isn’t this the same thing? Did he partner with FX also(like doonyfl and Ratsniper)? 

I’m waiting on my spare transfer port and probe tip so I can mod my 30 like yours.

I ordered a plenum from Michal in Poland, Isn’t this the same thing? Did he partner with FX also(like doonyfl and Ratsniper)? 

I’m waiting on my spare transfer port and probe tip so I can mod my 30 like yours.

Michael copied it first and that version has a little more volume than the fx version since fx made the tube a little thicker.

I have a 30 FX Boss That shoots lights out 50yards and beyond. It has a 500cc bottle gives 45 regulated shots around 860-870 fps (44grs). I would recommend it for hunting game up to hog size but for plinking I would use a smaller cal. more economical on air and pellet costs. In comparison I have a .25 bobcat that gives me 75-80 regulated shots with the 25gr kings at 900 fps and 50 more pellets per tin then the .30's

I hear ya, I've done a lot with my .25 Cricket. It's a beast. My usable shot count was in the 70's with jsb heavies shooting average fps 965 like a laser with a big hawke 6-25x50 crap scope. It now sports an aztec 5.5-25 × 50 (I think) ad being much clearer it should really help to bring the groups in. Anyways I love the 25 cal. 😎👍

I enjoy my .30 Flex. It's tuned at 85fpe. So much that I am building another .30 that will be tuned closer to 100fpe.. But I also enjoy my .25's which are tuned at 45fpe (P15), 55fpe (Edgun R3m), 65fpe (Gauntlet), and 70fpe (QB78 based .25 repeater).. I shoot the 45fpe .P15 and the 65fpe Gauntlet the most. They are both pretty good on air and accurate enough for smacking spinners out to 100 yards.

The .30 is more expensive, but buying Vortex pellets helps a little on lead cost. Tuning conservatively/efficiently helps on nitrogen cost.....

I enjoy my .30 Flex. It's tuned at 85fpe. So much that I am building another .30 that will be tuned closer to 100fpe.. But I also enjoy my .25's which are tuned at 45fpe (P15), 55fpe (Edgun R3m), 65fpe (Gauntlet), and 70fpe (QB78 based .25 repeater).. I shoot the 45fpe .P15 and the 65fpe Gauntlet the most. They are both pretty good on air and accurate enough for smacking spinners out to 100 yards.

The .30 is more expensive, but buying Vortex pellets helps a little on lead cost. Tuning conservatively/efficiently helps on nitrogen cost.....

Nice! 😎👍

I use nitrogen most of the time also.

I have 2 30 calibers. The Daystate Wolverine HP 303 and the Vulcan 2 in 30 caliber. Both are one hole guns at 35 yards. The Daystate is more powerful and loves the Daystate 50 grain pellets. The Vulcan 2 prefers the FX 45 grain pellets. The Daystate is a simpler gun inside but both guns are well made and reliable. For raccoon and larger varmints the 30 caliber is a great choice. When it comes down to it you pay for what you get. If you want a super accurate gun it costs.

I have PCP's in 4.5, 5.5, 25, 30 and 357

For hunting medium size animals 30 Cal is ideal. For Hunting larger animals (deer) 357 Cal is more adecuate.

For shooting targets and small animals 22 Cal jsb pellets redisigned and 25 cal are the adecuate choice. 

If you would like to save money, pelletsand time, buy an Uragan from Airgun Technology or a Vulcan 2 From Airgun Technology. I have both (also some Daystate, FX, Brocock, Air Arms, Evanix, Jager, JKHan, Marauder, et al)... Best buy, by far, is the Uragan and immediatly after, the Vulcan2.... You won't ever regret. 

If you may only buy one Uragan buy ir in 25 Cal. 

Ir you may buy two Uragans buy them in 22 and 30 Cal.... Later on you may buy a. 357 for big hunting. Ir you have these 3 rifles you won't ever justify to spend more money in pcp's rifles. 

So the Impact in .30 is shooting 1150 fps? Out of the box? That's pretty impressive if it's true.

No, the plenum is smaller than I thought it would be and the brass transfer port and pellet probe have the same restriction as earlier models. 132 fpe was achieved by my gen 3 with a greater eccentric plenum volume and shooting 66gn NSA slugs at 948 fps. The latest impact .30 can't reach 100 fpe without porting so my earlier guess was way off.