• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I love you all! It has been a terrific ride! It is now time to begin my exit and move on.....

Across this forum and experiencing this hobby for more than two decades, it has been a privilege to interact with so many of you in so many terrific ways. We have learned from each other and shared countless hours of shooting together, generating and sharing information, and spreading the gospel regarding this terrific sport.

Those of you that have visited me know that my outdoor range has been one of envy to most, in a subdivision, but supported by terrific neighbors, where even though I work a busy schedule and demanding job, I was able to walk out the door and shoot in most any conditions, covered, and easily accessible.

Over the last few days, as three more new homes have broken ground, children and pets are becoming more prevalent, and new neighbors that I have not met are moving into homes proximate to my range that I don't know, I figure it is only now a matter of time before the police show up at my door due to the noise of pellets banging targets, or an errant shot from a high power pcp causes an issue I will forever regret. I assess risks of various types for a large construction company each and every day. And when I am truly objective, I know I have been pushing the envelope for too long as it is. It is now time to pull up the back yard range targets and backstops, and I intend to complete that task this weekend.

And while I belong to a beautiful private rifle range only 20 minutes away, the 30 minutes it takes on each end to pack and unpack, the planning that goes into making time available from a demanding job and the priorities of a beautiful family, and working in between scheduled range events, the spontaneous fun I have been so privileged to enjoy with this hobby is now no longer in play.

One of my problems in life is that I am an "all in or all out" kind of guy. To this end, I wish to thank each of you very much for your friendships and sharing of your expertise, but it is time to move on to other things life has to offer.

Those of you that have followed-up my posts and reviews over the years, know that I have a vault that contains nothing but very meticulously tuned and super accurate air rifles. That is all that I have left. The mediocre and very good rifles were weeded out over time to where all that are left are spectacular and dependable performers. Over the next days, weeks, and months, I intend to begin offering them up to enthusiasts that will appreciate them and continue to put them to great use. These rifles beg and deserve to be shot.

It will take me considerable time to go through and sort out all of the seal kits and parts that I have accumulated to service my rifles and those of others, but little by little I will offer the parts and accessories I have accumulated over time, including more than 200,000 pellets and slugs.

Will I keep anything? Yes, I do intend to keep three or four of the rifles that mean so much to me, including my first .22 Air Arms S410, a Weihrauch HW97.20 that will shoot 10 shot groups averaging less than an inch at 50 yards, a super accurate Charlie Frear tune .22 Cricket long, and maybe one other rifle, but all less than 40 FPE and all "backyard friendly." That leaves about 18 or 19 other rifles including a Panthera, Skout, King, multiple Wolverines, a fantastic Red Wolf, BRK rifles, multiple RAWs, and well you get the idea. I will keep a Joe Brancato Great White 97 cu ft tank and my Alkin W31 air compressor.

I can't thank you all enough for your terrific friendships. A particular thanks to Ken Hicks at SPAW, Bin at the Pellet Shop, the Skout team, all of the AOA Team, Pyramid Air, Charlie Frear, the UTAH Air Guns team, Tom at Vortek, and of course Martin and Sandra Rutherford of now Airguns USA. There are too many to thank and I don't mean to leave any one out.

One final tribute - to Scott Schneider, wonderful gentleman whom I never met personally, but performed fair and terrific services for me on several occasions, and helped me learn a lot along the way.

Thanks to each and everyone of you on this forum who have been so terrific to associate with.

Sorry to see you go, but definitely looking forward to some of the toys you plan to sell!

I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm starting to dial back my shooting since I have a new neighbor directly behind me. Sure, I have a privacy fence and a big thick backstop, but the sound of the pellet trap will get their attention. All it takes is one phone call.

Bittersweet for sure, but you have objectively assessed the risks in lieu of the new homes coming in. Kudos to you…
🙏 to curb something you love doing for the safety of your neighbors. Maybe over time, after knowing the new neighbors, and maybe using lower powered airguns, you may regain your backyard range?

Glad to know you're a responsible Air gunner, we don't need airguns on the evening News because of an unfortunate accident. Also glad you are keeping a few of the more backyard friendly airguns, I couldn't imagine just totally giving it up. I've flip-flopped several hobbies over the years, but always come back to my airguns. Partly because of sentimental value also, I enjoyed shooting with my grandfather.

Reactions: Rizz01 and Bandito
OMG im in the same boat"the property behind me was sold, I had pet coons squirrels and deer.they cut the walnut trees down down tour the house down level everything all the cretters are gone"'their going to build a big 2 story their.then the house got sold in front of me and their remodeling it,and it's where my shooting range has been for years" Im kind of in a Delima??i wish i could move to Beaumont Texas "spell police i no i f up,but i haven't been so good>I had a watch coon to and he's gone"

IMAG0047.JPG

DSCF0585.JPG

I’ll try and repeat a post I made some years ago. Bdzjlz is one of the most gracious individuals I’ve ever met in my life! He opened up is extremely nice indoor range and killer outdoor spinner range to me after just a short phone conversation. He didn’t know me from Adam. Im sure glad you’re keeping a few around to keep rekindling the passion. At first, I thought you were selling a few off to finally buy that Thomas😀

I live in the country with some adjoining neighbors a bit away. I have a 25 meter range I can stretch further out, but rarely do. My most powerful springer is a Birmingham Webley Tomahawk that will shoot 20+ fpe. I have my most fun shooting a pair of FWB 300s, HW30, R7, HW50, etc. I do love my HW35, 97, 98, TX and others as well. I guess my point is scale your power for your space and enjoy the hell out of it. My lower powered rifles with properly matched pellets shoot exceptional groups that I continually strive to improve. Those little one hole groups are pretty rewarding.

I appreciate you writing such a post instead of bowing out quietly. 👍🏼

➧ One day I probably will have to do the same. (Hopefully, that day is decades away.)

■ I get the All-In or All-Out attitude — I live the same way.

Thank you for all your contributions to our community over the years!

I wish you well, 😊

Matthias