• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I love it when this happens...

1597509208_5615598465f380e58ba7039.16817395.jpeg
1597509210_12379503235f380e5a08da93.14805559.jpeg
1597509210_7866554855f380e5abdabe8.73670479.jpeg
1597509211_2322263135f380e5b8c2e79.16677108.jpeg

It's as if I went back in time, and opened a long brown box straight from the Webley-Venom Custom Shop. The first thing that stood out was of course the NOS/BNIB, unfired condition. Then I got lost in the bluing; my goodness, the bluing. Bluing so deep and perfect that it reminded me of my old engraved Venom Lazaglided HW77 Ultracarbine with Mach-1 trigger unit. For comparison's sake, the bluing on my Theobens is excellent (including the Duallies), but this is superior.

Matching SN# on original box, manuals, proud and confident hangtag, a full bottle of WEBLUBE residing in its designated cut out space (to be sent to a lab for chemical analysis🤓) and a 🇬🇧 UK built Webley Longbow in .22 that I've hoped to come across for years. 

Regarding the trigger, Paul Short told me once I strip the action and trigger I'll see "Venom inside the trigger unit- superb". Some interesting history about the Webley-Venom collaboration can be read here: https://www.air-rifle-tuning.com/v-mach/Background.html as told by Steve Pope who was then manager.

Now to be scoped and enjoyed! As one prolonged honeymoon ends, another begins! More pics to come.

Thanks for looking,

Jonathan

I have the $100 TURKEY version looks very similar especially the stock. It's ok but not even close to the shine yours has.

Columbo if you like HATSAN springers the Turkey version is pretty damn good for the money. Just like my TURKEY BSA Supersport and TURKEY Webley Patriot.

Yo, I can't knock a man for getting a $100 Turkish Longbow, I have a Beeman P17 myself and it performs WAY above its $35 dollar price tag would ever suggest. 

Nice. That sure is pretty. Saw one for sale recently and was tempted but trying to downsize. Please let us know how it shoots.

tinker, I scoped it yesterday with a Beeman Blue Ribbon 49R 4x32 that was on the bench. Sportsmatch 2 piece medium mounts. I cleaned the barrel thoroughly but there's still excess lube being burnt away (thankfully no violent combustion/dieseling/loud cracks), evidenced by the wisps of smoke between shots. At a 25 yards, 10 shots seated, it blew out a nickel sized hole with a couple just outside. Early days.

I had one of those. Excellent fit an finish. I hated shooting it though, and sold it. I may have an ARH kit in my drawer at home for it if you need it.

thumper, was yours bone stock? Curious to know your thoughts on your UK Longbow. As you know, no free lunch with short stroke guns - especially when the same UK platform which was designed for their legal 12fpe limit gets even more spring to reach 13fpe for the US market. I'd likely "reset" it to a more sensible power level: 10.5-11.5ish fpe would be plenty I imagine, but this would be a winter project. PM sent re: the tune kit.