I love it when a plan comes together: L-G-U trigger tune

Forgive my ignorance, and yes, I realize this thread is almost a year old, but I have a question. After meticulously stoning and polishing all of those surfaces inside the trigger, what does one do to prevent the polished surfaces from rusting and ruining that fantastic work? Gun oil? A bit of grease? Blue the polished surfaces and then oil or grease?

Anytime I have replaced any parts that require hand fitting, I have always used some cold blue and then a bit of oil before reassembly, but I haven't done any firearm trigger work apart from utilizing existing factory adjustments with the exception of one Daisy 887 trigger modification.

Please advise,

BB

I did much the same process to both my LGV and LGU long ago. I modified my stock trigger with an added screw on one and used the Rowan trigger on the other. It was said by some that the basic design of the trigger would prevent it from ever being "great". This was incorrect IMO, and now seems verified by the above. The Walther unit is noticeable less "refined" than the Rekord unit in design and construction but with some work it can be a great trigger. I would go so far as to say excellent.

A forum member was making some nice 3 adjustment screw position triggers in both standard and set-back configurations. I purchased one of his set-back triggers and was happy with it. I had a problem stripping out the adjustment head on a couple of the screws because they were too tight as tapped but a couple of new screws and passes with a tap and they were greatly improved. Very nice overall triggers. IIRC, his name was Eric Pianetti but it has been a while since I ordered that trigger. Maybe he'll post if he is still making that trigger.

I've left my LGV stock as to safety but I did remove the auto safety on the LGU. I shoot it more and don't like the auto safety anyway. I studied the trigger group and thought that just removing the safety linkage bar completely might create some issues with smooth movement of other parts so I took another approach. I plan to keep mine forever so consider that because this is an easy but permanent modification. Remove the safety linkage bar and grind the rounded rear section off where it engages the external safety. Not much needs to be removed and it is cast aluminum so it is easy to do. Most of the linkage bar stays in place and might prevent some unwanted tilting of other parts. Not certain about that. Now I have no auto safety but can set and release safety as desired and no adverse effects were noted. It is permanent, however. Actually, it probably could be returned to factory function by drilling and tapping for a screw in the end of that safety linkage bar. Just now considered that because I hate the things and never want one. But I think the screw would work and might allow more precise control of safety engagement.

Reactions: bberg7794
BMS Precision adjustable trigger blade.

Unaltered tension pull weight screw, simply addressing the friction and adjusting the trigger sears. No need to go any lower.

90C9C93C-EEF3-4168-B265-9DA892E460AF.1620915123.jpeg