• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I like to shoot things other than paper BUT

My range is 48-49 yards, I got some old rail road ties and cement blocks for my back stop, I get tired of shooting paper , So I got some of the spinner targets , I also find all kinds of things to shoot , bottle caps, Marbles I like to put a drop of super glue and place the marble on 2x4,,,

The old hard shell texas pecan, I made a spinner with some old spoons , Oh crap they spit the pellet back at you, I am thinking may have to flatten the spoon out, Plastic army men to not stand but one shot, But there cheap, I ordered some metal ones from china a few years ago, got to beat them flat again every shot but holding up pretty good as long as I do not use my 25 caliber on them, ha.

but back to my question anyone else had the spoon problem?

Mike

Hang your targets tied well to strings or fishing line they will take more hits and for the most part shouldn't go flying away on the first hit and wind makes it more fun on swaying targets and you know which way it's blowing to Kentucky windage.

Drill the spoon handle and put a rubber grommet inside then the the string or fishing line so it doesn't cut. Pellets shouldn't come flying back unless they're golf balls that still bounce. Dead golf balls are safer that no longer bounce on hard surfaces. Screw an eye screw in them and string them up.

Pasta! That's a really good idea, and dirt cheap like you say!

Hmm, ditalini for a real challenge, orecheti(sp?), I could slip things like penne over a nail to get them to rise up on a 2x4 ... or just tape them onto a target ... you could go through a lot of targets for a dollar! And if a squirrel comes by to help clean up, you're already zeroed in. :D

Agree. Shooting stuff that bumps around, blows up is fun 👍

We have a few different kind of evergreen in the backyard... cones come in different shape and sizes 

Empty casings are also fun to shoot, either stand them on their own, or propped on popsicle sticks/toothpick. 

Wild/old fruits are another good option. As a side benefit, the discarded remains will bring targets of opportunity 

I like to save all the cork tops off of wine bottles, and especially the corks from Pedrone tequila. It’s exactly the size of a squirrels head. So far my favourite set up is a 2 x 4 on edge, with 1 x2 strips underneath set up for legs. Then drill equal spaced a 1 1/2” apart holes large enough for golf tees to set in loosely. I hot glue paintballs on top of the tees. 

In between the paintballs I cut a slot with a coping saw about 1/2” into the 2 x 4, and that slot from a coping saw is perfect for holding playing cards tightly. I typically set this all out at around 55-60 yards. 

The corks I either hang off of fishing line, or stab them into finish nails halfway pounded into a another 2 x 4 on edge. 

Ive mentioned this before, but one of these days I’d like to shoot at the power loads on the Hilti gun power actuated tool strips. They are equivalent to 22 rim fire loads. I used to have a bunch, but can’t find them!

I like shooting at grapes! Try it, they explode really well, I enjoy them more than hitting paintballs. 

Kinda messy but pistol casings are fun too. 

Flies, there isn't a better target out there for cheap target practice in the summer!!! One freshly boiled egg all squished up on a piece of cardboard angled so the back is slightly elevated allowing 100% visibility. One day I shot so long hitting hundreds of them, tiny to big, that I got bored, lol.

I had a guy make up a bunch of round steel targets of 5 different sizes that I set on saw horses. These are fun reactive targets.

Last but not least a ringy bell target is a lot of fun to hit.