• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I know curiosity killed the cat, but "what is the rest of the DonnyFL story?

No, it isn't. It is happening because we are dealing with an illiterate populace who are so insecure in their persons that they demand a certain level of security from their gub'mit and the attempts by politicians and their APPOINTED agents to appease those who are willing to trade their freedom for some imagined security.

As to responsibility, it can not be foisted off upon the next fellow ("certain individuals to bring to market") unless you have met your own liabilities. One of those is the requirement to elect SANE officials. Whining about things and pointing the finger at other members of our avocation are counter productive. But hey using terms like "hush attachments", "LDCs", and "3 letter organization" has been so productive we might as well continue WITH OUR HEADS IN THE SAND DOING LIP SERVICE.

Yeah, great idea.

NOTE: That is not aimed at you personally. That is aimed at a community of people who want to pretend the words they use are some sort of protection from those who would take from them the things those words represent.
Ah, now you seem to be disagreeing while using most of my argument. Maybe you should have lead with that and avoided me having to be the bad guy.. LOL, smiley smiley.. laugh laugh..

Reactions: OldSpook
No, it isn't. It is happening because we are dealing with an illiterate populace who are so insecure in their persons that they demand a certain level of security from their gub'mit and because of attempts by politicians and their APPOINTED agents to appease those who are willing to trade their freedom for some imagined security.

As to responsibility, it can not be foisted off upon the next fellow ("certain individuals to bring to market") unless you have met your own liabilities. One of those is the requirement to elect SANE officials. Whining about things and pointing the finger at other members of our avocation are counter productive. But hey using terms like "hush attachments", "LDCs", and "3 letter organization" has been so productive we might as well continue with our heads in the sand doing "lip" service.

Yeah, great idea.

NOTE: That is not aimed at you personally. That is aimed at a community of people who want to pretend the words they use are some sort of protection from those who would take from them the things those words represent.
Remember your gub'mit and the freedoms they provide you next 4th of July as you down some more hot dogs. The gub'mit has an insurmountable job to do my friend. The politicians are drawn from the same populace, they are not made in some distant place that offers more virtues. The laws have been enacted, follow them and you shall be okay. I wasn't pointing the finger at members, I was pointing the finger at industry. Industry willing to put your freedoms on the line even if it means loosing parts of it. It's okay to be a fan boy, it's not okay to ignore the ramifications...

Those that haven't lived under a truly oppressive regime have no clue what privileges they possess and know nothing else but to ask for more..

Remember your gub'mit and the freedoms they provide you next 4th of July as you down some more hot dogs. The gub'mit has an insurmountable job to do my friend. The politicians are drawn from the same populace, they are not made in some distant place that offers more virtues. The laws have been enacted, follow them and you shall be okay. I wasn't pointing the finger at members, I was pointing the finger at industry. Industry willing to put your freedoms on the line even if it means loosing parts of it. It's okay to be a fan boy, it's not okay to ignore the ramifications...

Those that haven't lived under a truly oppressive regime have no clue what privileges they possess and know nothing else but to ask for more..
What is questionable in one house may be embraced in another. Industry does not live in a house. ;)

What is questionable in one house may be embraced in another. Industry does not live in a house. ;)
Last one and I promise to go look at the pretty pictures instead...

If a member of industry knows and is aware of the law and chooses to skirt so close to it that his products draw the attention of the regulating bodies he/she/it will undoubtedly also bring attention to the rest of said industry and therefore it's consumers. The consumers, will either loose access or privileges. Lost access, rights, privileges are seldom if ever restored. The Entrepreneur will move on to greener more fertile pasture having browned and allowed weeds to fester in what used to be a nice pasture to frolic in...

Off to watch some Demolition Ranch with the grandkids now.... They seemed impressed by the hairspray propellant in their potato cannons, wait 'til I show them what acetylene can do.. Wait, I forgot.. Smiley, Smiley, clown face, clown face, drool face, winky winky!!!

Last edited:
Somebody did something with one they should not have done as I understand it. Best to leave well enough alone
Sasquatch ( and his followers) kinda said things like that wouldn’t happen, and that I was wearing a tin foil hat. I guess it happened even waaaay sooner then I expected. Sorry to hear this, but I figured it was only a matter of time. Hopefully things get worked out and he can resume production, but I kinda doubt it.

Why can DonnyFL not continue to produce and sell outside of the USA?!?
Well, other than aforementioned hypothetical issues, the mod parts are largely made in China and then shipped over here. Would have to gander they have to be careful not to get them treated like the good ol "oil filters" back in the day.

Might be time

D3D35B0F-4D4E-41A7-95DE-B0D8F04FAD63.jpeg

Sasquatch ( and his followers) kinda said things like that wouldn’t happen, and that I was wearing a tin foil hat. I guess it happened even waaaay sooner then I expected. Sorry to hear this, but I figured it was only a matter of time. Hopefully things get worked out and he can resume production, but I kinda doubt it.
But, but,....... it's only Donny that got put on timeout, others are still making and selling no problem so it's not a widespred thing.

Is it possible Donny is the number 1 manufacturer of these items and their name/logo is plastered everywhere in the community? They come with alot of FX guns, I believe they have a contract with them.

The 3 letter constitutional circumventors are slow to the game, theyll find the other makers and hassle them soon enough.

Is it possible Donny is the number 1 manufacturer of these items and their name/logo is plastered everywhere in the community? They come with alot of FX guns, I believe they have a contract with them.

The 3 letter constitutional circumventors are slow to the game, theyll find the other makers and hassle them soon enough.
I wouldn't surprise me if they permitted printed Mods but not metal Mods, of course that would expect a certain amount of thought on the in-convenience store folks part, something they are not known for.

I wouldn't surprise me if they permitted printed Mods but not metal Mods, of course that would expect a certain amount of thought on the in-convenience store folks part, something they are not known for.
I suspect if high enough grade polymer gets available for printing, the printed ones will have issues too.

I have followed the thread in November 22, At which time Michael cut it off on the 11th. It was only speculation. Nobody either did not know or would not speak. Since that time Donny was shut down, he has since reopened and his website is now turned back on, but he is no longer selling moderators on his website nor is any other dealer in the US selling them, but I also noticed that Krale in Holland is still selling his full line. What is going on?
Good question.

3D Plastic is a non-starter in a moderator. The forces are significant and those plastics move around far too much to be viable. I've been making these things for myself for 40 years. At some point that may change of course, but then we are back to the original issue. Construction of these things is not the issue. Personal freedom and unelected law makers is the issue. Stay focused.

I have at least half a dozen 3D plastic printed moderators for my airguns. None have ever failed due to the air blast of firing the guns. One broke when the rifle it was on slid off a couch. I think they are plenty sturdy enough to function, I'm not so sure about withstanding handling that is a little "rough". My favorite place to put them is in the shroud. That makes handling a non issue.

I have at least half a dozen 3D plastic printed moderators for my airguns. None have ever failed due to the air blast of firing the guns. One broke when the rifle it was on slid off a couch. I think they are plenty sturdy enough to function, I'm not so sure about withstanding handling that is a little "rough". My favorite place to put them is in the shroud. That makes handling a non issue.
Jim,
The plastics available for 3D printing are not dimensionally stable over time, some are very porous and most are not strong enough. I am however very happy you are happy with your toy printer. They will however might make a moderator sometimes in under 24 hours of continuous run time. I'm not saying additive machining will not have a place in the future, it will for sure, but the ones that do work are multi=million dollar investments that do not do plastics and are certainly not toys.

Reactions: Triggers and 4X4s
You can 3D print in various metals now including tool steel. The technology is already there
Oh, I know. We 3D print sand casting cores and molds where I work. The company owners want us to get into metal printing, too. What I meant was better polymer for the home/small scale builder. Say, a copy of a Buck-Rail, but PB pressure capable.