• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I kept saying no... now im saying notos

The only thing that keeps me from buying one is not having a folding stock like my P-Rod or a QD stock like the Jet. I need it to fit inside a backpack without having to undo a bunch of screws. It looks like it uses a standard AR-15 buffer tube. If it does, then a $19 folding stock adapter should do the trick.

Is buying direct the only way to get a CARM mag? It sounds like they are a requirement for best accuracy, or is there a hack to fix the factory mag so it doesn't deform pellets?
I had exactly the same concern. However the stock fits tightly enough I don’t install the screws then just pop the stock off when I want to pit it in a backpack. Works ok so far.

I had exactly the same concern. However the stock fits tightly enough I don’t install the screws then just pop the stock off when I want to pit it in a backpack. Works ok so far.

Good to know. Thanks!

From another thread here on AGN it looks like the stock tube should accept an AR folding adapter. I guess the question would be which of the two rattles the least. Is the stock assembly fairly tight on the gun without the screws?

I was so worried the new batch would have worse barrels, but its looking like they improved them to like heavier ammo.

It's going to be hard to pick up my other guns now.

I'm so enamored with this beauty that I completely missed a golden opportunity to shoot a squirrel! I heard the claws but didn't even think about it because I was drooling over my groups!
I've shot crossman premier and jsb 18 and jsb heavy redesigned and it's good with all of them.. I think mine was a previous batch since I have had it a few months..
the jsb redesigned sure sounds like they hit my spinner hard.
Mark

The only thing that keeps me from buying one is not having a folding stock like my P-Rod or a QD stock like the Jet. I need it to fit inside a backpack without having to undo a bunch of screws. It looks like it uses a standard AR-15 buffer tube. If it does, then a $19 folding stock adapter should do the trick.

Is buying direct the only way to get a CARM mag? It sounds like they are a requirement for best accuracy, or is there a hack to fix the factory mag so it doesn't deform pellets?
you can unscrew the tube on the stock next to the pistol grip.. that's how you would have to access the hammer spring adjustment if you don't want to remove the stock.. I never put the stock on mine, just pistol grip and open sights. wanted a pistol, but with the moderator permanent attached it's pretty long for a pistol.. 22 inches.. if the moderator was able to unscrew then it would be 16 in and pretty loud.
Mark
mark

...got a friend to print me an 8" long moderator that reduces the dB to 63!

If anyone else wants to print the same baffle design insert as Firewalker used to achieve that impressive result, you can download the STL file from here: www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=208202.0

The difference is that the STL at the above GTA link fits the stock Notos moderator casing ID of 24 mm. Whereas Firewalker bored his out to 25.4 mm ID. So, his insert "tube" design is slightly different.

Note that 6.5" of the 8" length are contained in the stock Notos moderator housing.

Last edited:
Having a ton of fun with my Notos.... Looking for a simple light/medium duty sling to throw it on the shoulder, trail walking. Not sure of intended way to mount or type to look for. The butt has what appears to be some swivel QD holes and there's some slots on the pistol grip handle; appreciate any feedback.

Well, they sure do look like QD sling attachment holes, but they are not, at least not on my rifle. They are just flat inside, steel liners set into the plastic of the buttstock.

The Notos buffer tube/stock threads are not standard AR15 sized threads. It is a bit smaller so no mil/commercial tube can be installed (without serious modification) into the stock. The OD of the tube is sized for commercial AR stocks. Magpul commercial SL stock.
IMG_1014.jpeg

The Notos buffer tube/stock threads are not standard AR15 sized threads. It is a bit smaller so no mil/commercial tube can be installed (without serious modification) into the stock. The OD of the tube is sized for commercial AR stocks. Magpul commercial SL stock.
View attachment 366318
I've tried putting a Magpul MOE on the factory tube. It is too big to get on.

Got mine last week. It's a shooter too, 35M groups like a nickel and that's with a horrible trigger. I currently have the sear out doing some mods to it and the last test I did in the gun was under a pound, but I'm not happy with the break yet. For <$300 it's a steal. I see it becoming a great gun to mod like the Marauder. Loads of fun too. I carry it around the property when I walk the dog to eliminate unwanted vermin.

Reactions: RAMJET66