I keep flip flopping on rifle choice

I have been researching for a while and am having a hard time deciding on my first pcp. I keep flip flopping.

Mostly for target and plinking and hopefully some pest control.

I have a few nicer springers but would like to include a nice PCP rifle in the rotation.

I will soon have a compressor.

The HW 110 gray laminate carbine and Brocock Sniper XR are my front runners now but I am very open to suggestions.

Mostly order of importance to me.

I want a .22 cal

Would like to be around 28ft lbs minimum, 30+ even better.

Bullpup or carbine.

$1300 upper limit.

Quieter the better or easy to silence.

Prefer wood, but not a deal killer.

Of course Accuracy, reliability, accessory cost are important too.

What do you think??

Thanks

Those are both good rifles. I've owned the Sniper XR, and have an HW100. I have no experience with the HW110, but from what I have read and seen, I believe the HW100 is the better rifle. It's heavy, and shot count isn't great (mine is the carbine). My HW100 is a .177, and I have it tuned to 11 fpe, which greatly increases shot count, and makes it virtually silent, a perfect yard gun. The Daystate Revere is also excellent. 

Well, I can chime in for RTI Prophet Performance Compact, it can easily hit the 30 plus FPE requirements.

And if you want to change calibers at some point, the RTI prophet is simple to do. I think this is awesome for airgun consumer's I wish all manufactures would make this feature available at a reasonable price. One gun for all calibers, brilliant forward thinking.

TODD

Both the Sniper XR and the HW100 (model TK, I am assuming since you want a shorter gun) are great guns. Of course the big difference between the 2 is air bottle vs cylinder - and its impact on number of shots per fill.

I've owned or shot about half a dozen Brococks - all of them Sniper models, both standard and magnum. I've always wanted to love Brococks, maybe based on the fact that my first one (a standard Sniper XR in .177) was a truly excellent gun. But all of the subsequent Snipers I've shot always had one issue I couldn't work out- the Bantams had the cocking bolt, which ultimately I didn't like. Some have been more accurate than others, and some triggers could be tuned wonderfully, while others I just could never get to my liking. I've ended up selling all of my Brococks. But I will say that they have the power you want and a nice shot count, and don't discount their polymer stocks. They don't look as nice as the laminate stock (I've owned both) but the Brocock polymer is a very well done stock.

Since you are looking at a shorter gun I assume that you are looking at the HW100 carbine. I've had both an HW110 (rifle) and I currently own an HW100 TK (laminate thumbhole carbine). The Weihrauch guns are designed, constructed and shoot incredibly well, and l don't feel that there is much difference in use, accuracy or longevity between the 100 models and the 110's. But I will say that my current Carbine shoots only about 23 FPE, likely due to its shorter barrel. And it is rather a process to tune the Weihrauch guns to higher power levels (compared to many other guns, where the process is much easier). But even with the short air cylinder on my HW100 carbine, I still get 50 regulated shots on a 200 bar fill (3.5 magazines worth), the shot cycle is very smooth and the gun is very accurate (and has a great trigger). You just have to accept its available power without maybe significant modifications.

One gun you might want to look at is a Cricket II with wood stock, from the used market. I had one of these which had originally been tuned by Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns. It was shooting 30 FPE without breaking a sweat (18.13's @ 860 fps). Beautifully smooth shot cycle, accurate as heck - just a wonderful gun to shoot. And nice & short per your requirements.

If I was looking today based on your requirements, and based on my experience with AGT guns, I would likely pick up the Vulcan II currently listed on the AGN Member Classifieds:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-22-vulcan-2-package-2-carm-mags-bipod-in-stock-mag-holder-scope-and-rings/?referrer=1

I will say up front that I don't know the seller or the gun, but other than not having a wood stock it should be a great gun for your needs, and is selling for a very reasonable (in my opinion) price. This gun would be fine on the bench or pesting. And as a bullpup configuration it would 'open the door' for a later purchase of a nice, full size, wood stocked rifle to be purchased as your next PCP. Daystate Revere, FX Dreamline Classic, HW 100/110, AA S510, etc.

I tried once to have one gun which would meet all of my needs/requirements. It never worked for me. But I could definitely see myself with only a light, short, handy & robust gun for walk around hunting/pesting, and a second longer, heavier gun for plinking and target work exclusively off the bench.

Out of 3 Brococks I've been around, one which I owned, only one and not the one I owned, was what I would consider buying.

The HW100 I had was a neat and well made rifle that also shot well and was reliable.

Only some experience with these so that's all I have to offer and these are all older guns except for the last Brocock which would be 2 years ago and am not sure which model it was.

I like the ergos and styling on the Revere so it'd be a top consideration for me. A friend of mine got high score at the Sonoran Desert GP with a Daystate Regal, another friend has one that also shoot very good too, if that info happens helps out.

...Still not 100% sure but the Brocock seems to meet most of my requirements and is in my price range. 

Brocock Sniper XR .22

Thanks again!

And that is a very reasonable price AoA is currently asking for them, taking into account all that is going on in the world.

The Sniper XR was my first attempt at getting a 'do it all' airgun when I was seriously getting back into airguns in early 2020. Back then I paid $1,400 for my new Sniper XR standard power, and Brocock (like everyone else) has had one or more hefty price increases since then.

In this light, $1,299 for a new one today is a bargain.

There are a couple of wildcats in the classifieds that meet your pcp price range. I know an impact would be nice and all, but unless you’re willing to read a lot to school yourself in its function and the whole tuning thing, along with me willing and capable of tearing into one of those things(probability would be high if buying used), then you don’t want to start with that. But a wildcat, streamline, Dreamline, if talking fx, would be a good “top tier” starter. 

if you want your hard earned dollars to go further even, don’t not look at the avenger or even a marauder. Ask anyone that’s owned one, the marauder is a tried and true platform, easy to service and maintain, and it’s a great toe dipping gun that’ll allow you to pick up a Yong Heng, a decent scope, and some bolt on accessories along with Ammo to compliment your initial purchase. 

From there, you can decide to move on to top tier and all the whole while saving up, you’ll be hitting the bullseye on your targets out to 75 or so yards