I just went full-geek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I60uIy4iWH0

I just watched this 42 minute video on YouTube by Air Rifle Pest Control, and posted this reply:

I too must be a sad little geek, because I just watched the entire video at 0400 hours with my morning coffee and it held my interest the whole way through.

Terminal ballistics is basically "Fluid Dynamics," how well or how poorly an object moves through a fluid. If it moves well (has minimal resistance), then there is very little disruption to the surrounding fluid (tissue) and the object will go farther in that fluid with a given amount of energy and leave a path (wound) no larger than the diameter of that object. If it moves poorly through a fluid (has greater resistance) then it will not travel as far in the fluid AND will leave a path (wound) greater than the object's diameter. You proved this in your gel test, the Heavy has "good flow" characteristics and penetrated much deeper in the gel and left a very narrow wound. The Hades, because of its triangular shaped hollows in the head, has "poor flow" characteristics and as a result did not penetrate as far, BUT left a much larger wound.

Fluid dynamics ALSO applies to air (especially as velocities go up). If it flows well through the air, then it's path will be more consistent and less affected by variables in the air (more accurate). If it doesn't flow well, then it will be MORE affected by variables in the air (wind, humidity etc) and be less accurate. You can test this while driving in your car. If you hold your hand flat out of the window, it will have "good" flow characteristics and be less affected by the wind. If you hold your hand out, palm forward, it will have "bad" flow characteristics and be greatly affected by the wind. Exactly like a pointed or flat pellet travelling through the air to the target.

Sorry, went "Full Geek" there for a minute.

Reactions: ironlion269
The real test is a few 1000 hits on pests. I've shot 10000 in the last year. .22 with 14 and 18 gr JSB, 16 GR HADES, and 16 gr. Terminaters. All kill well at different ranges. 18gr for longer distance accuracy. Hades for shorter distance with a few less pass though's in barns. 14 gr for medium range and a bit more dramatic hit and good inbarns and slowing down for peripheral damage. Best pop is the terminator for 60 yards and closer because beyond accuracy falls off and least pass through.