Air Venturi I just bought a new Avenge-X classic in .25 cal. What is the best moderator for this airgun?

I have heard that any of these two moderators made in Europe are more efficient than those made here by DonnyFL. Anyway I will eventually compare the Huggett vs my DonnyFL Sumo and FX that I am currently using in my others airguns.
And eventually a Hogan Decimeater if I can find them in stock which seems to only be sold from 1 store over there that is willing to ship overseas and the best part is it is still less than $100 usd shipping included.

Reactions: Ray_PR
And eventually a Hogan Decimeater if I can find them in stock which seems to only be sold from 1 store over there that is willing to ship overseas and the best part is it is still less than $100 usd shipping included.
Definitely some of these moderators made in the US are sold overpriced especially the impulse. When I sent a email directly to them asking for some more info they quoted me over $300.00 dollars for the 1350 model with two extra baffles, while I only paid $159.00 dollars for the Huggett snipe standard that is supposedly even more efficient than this moderator.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received my new Avenge-X classic in .25 cal for my surprise this rifle with the Huggett snipe moderator is much more quieter than my others three airguns despite they are in the smaller .22 cal, so this is a completely backyard friendly airgun. It came already degassed but the plenum still have some air left so I dry fired a couple of times until it was completely empty before I start to filled with air and begin with the tuning process. After I cleaned his barrel with my patch worm cleaning kit and installed the Arken scope with the high rings in order to use the high capacity 13 shots mags (I purchased another extra one) I proceeded to filled to 4000 psi, but for an unknown reason when I check the reg it was at 100 bar already despite I was completely sure the screw that is in the bottom of the stock that prevents air from entering the valve was completely closed, not sure if maybe this reg come preset from the factory to used this way…🤷🏻‍♂️🙄.

Anyways I did a quick speed test without touching the reg with the JSB 25 grains pellets and despite the h/s was all the way to the left with no tension at all it was firing them to a average speed of 875 fps with the highest been 884 and the lowest 870 fps, at these speeds it was shooting them in the same hole at 30 yards. At the beginning I was planning to start even lower at 850 fps but because of what I just explained it become impossible, and this are the heaviest pellets that I have. This has definitive been the most accurate airgun I have ever tested in my entire life, tomorrow I plan to mess a little with his h/s without touching his reg settings to see if I can improve the es and sd a little more. Our local weather here in the carribean is always warm all year long so the air is less denser as well. My longest range in my backyard is around 60 yards only, so I strongly believe this speeds are perfect for this distances.

IMG_7722.png

IMG_6274.jpeg

IMG_6273.png

IMG_7721.png

IMG_7718.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the tune I am currently using with my new Avenge-X .25 cal airgun, with the JSB 25 grains pellets with excellent results. The reg is set to 2000 psi with 0 tension to the h/s all the way to the left. But this is in warm weather with less denser air so usually the pellets don’t need to much speed to be accurate like in the more cooler temps. I usually like to tune my pneumatic weapons to achieve the most efficient air consumption and accuracy as possible to increse their autonomy and shot counts per fill, despite their fps and fpe because I used them 90 % of the time for target shooting and only 10% to hunt the iguanas that pass through my backyard.

IMG_8138.png

IMG_8137.png

IMG_8143.jpeg

Last edited: