Air Venturi I just bought a new Avenge-X classic in .25 cal. What is the best moderator for this airgun?

Which or this four moderators quieted down the most your airgun? Do any of them hurt his accuracy? I am asking because for me this is very important as well. Thanks
I haven't seen any of them hurt accuracy. I think for the .25cal I would go with the Sumo or the Impulse Air. Granted I bought 2 extra baffles for the Impulse and I do think the extra baffles make a difference.
Which or this four moderators quieted down the most your airgun? Do any of them hurt his accuracy? I am asking because for me this is very important as well. Thanks
I can't say for sure right off the top of my head, but my son will be here tomorrow, so I will take all them out in my backyard tomorrow and test them on my Crown MKII .25cal, which is set at 33.95 at 885 fps. That should give you an idea if any one of them is better than the Sumo. He is young so I think he could be more subjective than I can.

I haven't seen any of them hurt accuracy. I think for the .25cal I would go with the Sumo or the Impulse Air. Granted I bought 2 extra baffles for the Impulse and I do think the extra baffles make a difference.

I can't say for sure right off the top of my head, but my son will be here tomorrow, so I will take all them out in my backyard tomorrow and test them on my Crown MKII .25cal, which is set at 33.95 at 885 fps. That should give you an idea if any one of them is better than the Sumo. He is young so I think he could be more subjective than I can.
Excellent, you can also take a picture of the impulse next to the Sumo to compare their overall sizes. Thanks 👍😊

Last edited:
According to this independent test done with a FX crown the DonnyFL Ronin and Shogun outperform the Sumo. I wrote the size difference between them. I will like to know if the impulse air 1350 can outperform any of this DonnyFL moderators and if he does with how many baffles. I also like the impulse air model 1200 because its smaller in length and diameter vs the DonnyFL Sumo, shogun and ronin but not sure if he can outperform any of them. The size of the smaller 1200 is 4.7” in length, 1.2” in diameter and only weight 3.3 oz. But I will not hesitate to buy his bigger brother the 1350 if he quiet down my airgun the most. The 1350 dimensions are 5.125” length, 1.375” in diameter and weight 4.52 oz. This is the info I am looking for, also I would like to use a different moderator on my new Avenge-X classic in .25 caliber to not confuse one with the other since I plan to use the same scope I am currently using in my other Avenge-X classic .22. It’s a Arken SH-4 second gen FFP 4-16x50 with Arkens acope rings that I already have brand new still in the box waiting to be installed as soon I receive the new airgun. Thanks

IMG_6187.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6184.png

IMG_7548.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kleezy
What is your need/motivation for the “quietist” moderator ?
My primary language now is spanish not english but before it was the opposite, sorry for my grammar. The original post was already corrected I should have written the quietest. I was born in the states but I was only able to study up to first grade, then I was sent to PR to be raised by my grandmother after my parents divorced and I never returned to the states again so I am out of practice.

Last edited:
This airguns reviewer dispelled all the doubts I had regarding this impulse air 1350 moderator. I am almost convinced that this is the one that best suits me, but I plan to buy it with 2 extra baffles to increase its efficiency. Also he tested in a bigger .30 cal Gaunlet airgun that was shooting at 1000 fps, so on paper my smaller Avenge-X in .25 cal should be even more quieter than this airgun. Observe the huge difference in size between the impulse vs the Huma air moderator, despite he is using it with two additional baffles, ohh my God….😱😳. This show without a doubt that the desing of the Impulse is much more efficient 👍💪

Last edited:
The buckrail I'm taking about doesn't need a adapter. It screws right into the shroud. I drilled 2 small 1/16 inch holes in the shroud near the receiver and the loudest noise was the hammer. It's a.22 but I installed a.25 LCD and mine is putting out 47 fpe at the muzzle. You could also get ahold of Niel Clague ldc/shroud.

I have 1 on my Sumatra.25 cal rifle and it takes it from louder than a .22 lr powder burner to very quiet. He's simi retired so it might take a little while longer to get the ldc but well worth it.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of what I tested this morning. Starting from left to right, I think the Sumo, Huggett Astille and Impulse air 1350 (2 extra baffles) are about the same. The Huggett snipe is quieter and my son and I both heard it. The last one is a Fatboy with the Extension, which was quiet, but very heavy. I've had the Impulse air 1200 with 1 extra baffle and I can tell you it would be dead last by a mile. Personally I thought all 5 were effective for backyard shooting at 58.5 foot pounds. BTW shooting them indoors is a waste of time unless you plan on shooting them indoors. It is not the same as shooting outdoors and you will get different results.

IMG_1890.jpeg

The buckrail I'm taking about doesn't need a adapter. It screws right into the shroud. I drilled 2 small 1/16 inch holes in the shroud near the receiver and the loudest noise was the hammer. It's a.22 but I installed a.25 LCD and mine is putting out 47 fpe at the muzzle. You could also get ahold of Niel Clague ldc/shroud.

I have 1 on my Sumatra.25 cal rifle and it takes it from louder than a .22 lr powder burner to very quiet. He's simi retired so it might take a little while longer to get the ldc but well worth it.
Thanks for the info

Here is a pic of what I tested this morning. Starting from left to right, I think the Sumo, Huggett Astille and Impulse air 1350 (2 extra baffles) are about the same. The Huggett snipe is quieter and my son and I both heard it. The last one is a Fatboy with the Extension, which was quiet, but very heavy. I've had the Impulse air 1200 with 1 extra baffle and I can tell you it would be dead last by a mile. Personally I thought all 5 were effective for backyard shooting at 58.5 foot pounds. BTW shooting them indoors is a waste of time unless you plan on shooting them indoors. It is not the same as shooting outdoors and you will get different results.
Wow this was the info I was looking for. Did you happen to notice if this Huggett snipe moderator who turned out to be the most efficient of them, in any way affected the accuracy of your airgun while performing this test? Thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with me. Now I have no doubt about which one I will buy👍😊💪.

Last edited:
Wow this was the info I was looking for. Did you happen to notice if this Huggett sniper moderator who turned out to be the most efficient of them, in any way affected the accuracy of your airgun while performing this test? Thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with me. Now I have no doubt about which of them is the best for me to buy👍😊💪.
No, I shoot the Snipe all the time. Right now it's on a Maverick .177cal, but I've had it on several airguns and never noticed an accuracy difference. For it's weight, it is definitely the winner. The reason I say don't do it indoors is that I have an 18 yard indoor range in my basement and the sound is different than outside.

Reactions: Ray_PR
No, I shoot the Snipe all the time. Right now it's on a Maverick .177cal, but I've had it on several airguns and never noticed an accuracy difference. For it's weight, it is definitely the winner. The reason I say don't do it indoors is that I have an 18 yard indoor range in my basement and the sound is different than outside.
All this airgunners also agree with your same opinion. Thanks again for sharing with us this very important information.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/huggett-snipe-standard-is-it-the-best.1110643/

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd find another US store that sells Huggett products!! TY! (y)
Me neither, in fact this information was given to me yesterday by a member of this forum in another post that they were commenting on about these Huggetts moderators. Honestly, I had already lost all hope of being able to purchase one from some of this large companies that sell pneumatic weapons here in the US. This was the first time I had heard about this company.

Last edited:
Me neither, in fact this information was given to me yesterday by a member of this forum in another post that they were commenting on about these Huggetts moderators. Honestly, I had already lost all hope of being able to purchase one from some of this large companies that sell pneumatic weapons in the US. This was the first time I had heard about this company.
Great find. I wanna buy a Huggett Snipe to compare to my Weihrauch HW that I bought overseas on my .25 Avenge-X. They're about the same length/diameter/weight along with simple internals.

Great find. I wanna buy a Huggett Snipe to compare to my Weihrauch HW that I bought overseas on my .25 Avenge-X. They're about the same length/diameter/weight along with simple internals.
I have heard that any of these two moderators made in Europe are more efficient than those made here by DonnyFL. Anyway I will eventually compare the Huggett vs my DonnyFL Sumo and FX that I am currently using in my others airguns.