Air Venturi I just bought a new Avenge-X classic in .25 cal. What is the best moderator for this airgun?

I like the Sumo and the Huggett Snipe, both really quiet without being too long. I havent tried the others you listed.
Thanks for your reply, I already have the DonnyFL Sumo in my Kalibrgun Cricket II tactical .60 in .22 cal and another DonnyFL FX in my other Avenge-X classic in .22 cal also. But I am asking because this will be the first time I am going to shot with a bigger .25 cal airgun, I do all my shooting in my backyard and live in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood and don’t want to disturb my neighbors. This is why it’s very important for me to install the quietest. I read in another board that supposedly the new Impulse air moderator is one of the quietest right know, but I want to be completely sure before I place the order for one. Thanks

Last edited:
This are my others two airguns with the Sumo and FX moderators attached to each one. I also have another first generation wood stock Avenger that I am selling locally since I don’t live in the states.

IMG_7523.jpeg

IMG_7464.png

IMG_7486.png

IMG_7342.jpeg

go read up on this post hes tried a bunch of different moderators and along with tuned it . im in the market as well about to order one im in the same boat! need whatever has the least amount of DB's for neighborhood purposes. he mentioned on the 1st page the donnyfl yokozuna is a literal puff in sound i would ask him i plan on doing just this let us know if you do. also check out https://terminadorindustries.com/collections/avenge-x get a harmonics reduction kit along with a barrel band seems to help keep things on point.

go read up on this post hes tried a bunch of different moderators and along with tuned it . im in the market as well about to order one im in the same boat! need whatever has the least amount of DB's for neighborhood purposes. he mentioned on the 1st page the donnyfl yokozuna is a literal puff in sound i would ask him i plan on doing just this let us know if you do. also check out https://terminadorindustries.com/collections/avenge-x get a harmonics reduction kit along with a barrel band seems to help keep things on point.
I was also taking a close look to the new Yokozuna moderator but sadly it’s twice more heavy than the early ones. Thanks for the info.

I've found that the buckrail ldc work very well.
I have this Buck-Rail moderator installed already in my first generation Avenger wood stock in .22 cal with a DonnyFL adapter, but my two DonnyFL moderators the Sumo and the FX works much better. This is why I am serious considering to buy another Sumo for my new Avenge-X in .25 cal. I doubt that any of this new moderators can work much better than the Sumo. Maybe the new Yokozuna can outperform this moderator, but is completely ruled out due to the exaggerated weight it has…👎

IMG_7333.jpeg

Last edited:
If you already like the Sumo, maybe you could try a Shogun. Same diameter but a little longer.
According to some independents sources the DonnyFL Ronin outperformed his little brother the Sumo, but I considered his size a little “overkill” for my new Avenge-X. Also read that the 0db tactical 160 outperform the Sumo as well but considered to long for my liking. Thanks

Last edited:
I have several mods, and I will tell you that .25cal is harder in general to quiet down than 22cal, especially if your 22cal is in the 30 foot pound range. Granted so it shooting a 55-60 foot pound 22cal. The first time I bought a .25cal a few years back, it had a DonnyFL FX and it did a good job shooting JSB 25.39's at 890fps. When I turned it up to shoot 33.95's at 880, it was a whole different ball game trying to quiet it down. Fortunately, you already have several, so you can try them out before you decide to buy another one. I have a Sumo, an Impulse Air 1350 with 2 extra baffle and a Huggett Astile, and a Huggett Snipe.

Reactions: Kleezy and Ray_PR
I have several mods, and I will tell you that .25cal is harder in general to quiet down than 22cal, especially if your 22cal is in the 30 foot pound range. Granted so it shooting a 55-60 foot pound 22cal. The first time I bought a .25cal a few years back, it had a DonnyFL FX and it did a good job shooting JSB 25.39's at 890fps. When I turned it up to shoot 33.95's at 880, it was a whole different ball game trying to quiet it down. Fortunately, you already have several, so you can try them out before you decide to buy another one. I have a Sumo, an Impulse Air 1350 with 2 extra baffle and a Huggett Astile, and a Huggett Snipe.
Which of this four moderators quiet down the most your airgun? Do any of them hurt his accuracy? I am asking because for me this is very important as well. Thanks

Last edited: