• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I have to decline some hobbies ... What are your top hobbies and 'limits'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to ramp up PCP airguns.

Deep into dashcams / small video recorders

"Recently" retired from RC scale 4x4 trucking

Have a huge collection of fishing rods, from 5 foot fly rods to 14 foot surf casters, but they are pretty dusty now not used in "anger" for over a decade. build fly rods myself, and of course also tied my own flies when i was active.

I also have DSLR camera i like to use, but not using it very often, i tend to like low light photography.

I also have a few G scale locomotives and rolling stock, and we are putting down track at my friends place too.

Whatever it is all having to be funded out of a meager Danish pension.

PS. My friend have been deep into RC for all the time i have known him, the amount of money he have sunk into it is stunning, from submarines HUGE warships, lightning fast electric speed boats, all kinds of on and off road cars and planes and drones too, pretty much anything RC and he have done it.

PPS: I know how fast those outrigger boats can do, not that my friend had one of those, but large twin gas engines, or single double brushless catamarans he have done at over 120 kmh

https://youtu.be/sLVKYqeqX9U

https://youtu.be/HHvdL4h96E4

https://youtu.be/46utkcsfrkc

With the costs of airguns and R/C equipment how could you afford anything else? Yea, I know, thats why I also have a boat and a motorhome and a side by side. Now if I can just get the wifes health back so we could use our toys!!

I hope your wife gets her health back TODAY!!!

My wife is my best friend and cannot imagine fishing and travelling without her, pointless.

All of these material things mean nothing without our partners being healthy.

Thankyou....yes I have been spending much time at home taking care of her. The motorhome is just sitting there as is our boat for the past 3 years! Good thing I have plenty of property and airguns to play with!!

9F94D223-0D3B-4B8F-92C3-3F391C251B68.1632344201.jpeg

For anybody that mentioned RC powered vehicles, this is a GoPed from California. Basically a RC 2 stroke powered scooter. I enjoy riding this more than the sport bike on the track, much cheaper too, or it was. 

The number of people into PCP airguns plus photography/RC activities is very interesting!

Current hobbies:

1. PCP airguns - too much fun, great way to keep shooting now that I have little kids! It is also nice not to have to spend a bunch of time at the reloading bench and can still participate in precision shooting.

2. Flying - have over a 1000 hours now, mostly cross country for travel, Bonanza currently (although I need to really get back into RC as well, I used to have a blast flying my Slow Stik!).

3. Long range shooting - used to do more frequently, not as often with a 3/5 year old. I joined a 1000 yard range earlier this year, it has been nice to get out again.

4. Photography - I have dabbled in photography and video for a long time. Now it is mostly portraits of the family or travel photos. Mostly using my iPhone and a Sony mirrorless camera these days.

Turned down:

1. Drones

2. Golf

3. Motorcycles - have ridden most of my life but does not make sense now with current family situation. Some days I do miss it!

4. RVs - I am still sticking with tents!

I have had a lot of hobbies over the years. I love competing so I shot a lot, Got into bass fishing{very costly} . After I got sick I make music. Banjo,guitar, dulcimer,mouth harp.

I also make folk instruments from wood when I can get it.

Got into air guns by mistake. I do enjoy being able to shoot again. I like the PCP guns much more than the springers. I hope to get some hunting in this year. So for me it's Hatsan rifles and JSB pellets and I like Center Point scopes.

Life is good

God Bless

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.