I have narrowed down to a Marauder but which one?

Trigger is horrible, and accuracy is nowhere near the original marauder. I guess it boils down to what you’re using it for. The stock marauder is an awesome gun, and plenty of aftermarket for future mods. The sam model hasn’t been out for long enough to have the same aftermarket, and it looks to have been a disappointment in general. For the same price, and AEA semi auto is better bang for your buck!

I have no clue about the semi auto. But I did own the first gen mrod in 22...I had it many years and it was a great rifle. I'm friends with the second owner who still shoots it to this day and loves it.. its been a great rifle. So if it were me I would go bolt action in 22 or possibly a 25... either one will do and is capable of taking game at its capable distance... 

Reactions: SHOMER
Bolt action gets my vote. Im skeptical about new things , so I’m avoiding the semi auto model for a while. If you dont have a chrony or dont want to mess with tuning much, I would suggest you get the regulated model if you are looking at a .22 or .177. Two of mine are factory regulated and they are shooters for sure. The rabbit hole is real too, Im living it. Great choice, good luck and happy shooting!

Cody, 

Just over a year ago, when starting into PCPs, I passed on the Marauder in favor of the Umarex Gauntlet, which was regulated, synthetic-stocked and only $310. What I didn't realize was, at 47 inches long and over ten pounds (scoped,) the Gauntlet was too much gun to haul around on an all-day hunt. My advice would be to consider the length and weight of any airgun, prior to purchase. There are other "starter" PCPs available, a search on the AGN SEARCH function might prove enlightening. Topics, "starter PCP" or "first PCP" as a beginning. Don't mean to dissuade you from the Marauder, just to offer another perspective. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: Raysfan
Im gonna be straight up honest with ya..... just forget the hand pump. It will get old fast. You'll find yourself not wanting to shoot as much as you will get sick of pumping it up. Just pony up for a cheap compressor. You'll be glad you did. Besides if you like the hobby (and you will) and end up with a bottle gun (and you will) you definitely dont wanna be hand pumping that puppy up!